Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: creepy rims

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoojunkie View Post
is this price right?????
http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN-8392&tp=

$55.99 for weights!?
this was in the factory support creeper thread posted by crawlingaround just thought it might answer some questions i see alot of you are having about the wheel weights

"The wheels do not come predrilled for venting the air out. This was left up to the customer so it can be tuned as needed. If you want a smaller hole for more control or if you want a larger hole for faster tire response thats up to you. I do suggest you run our wheels with some hole or you wont be taking advantage of the super soft tires and memory foam inserts. I dont suggest you make holes in the tires as this could lead to tearing and ruin the tire.
Weight sets...our weight sets are precisely machined to a specific weight so a wheel can be tuned to get the desired performance. They are made from steel and are pretty accurate parts that bolt onto the wheels as a system. There have been some comments on the price of the sets, which include enough parts for 4 wheels. If you compare the price of buying a new set of machined aluminum wheels or PL plastic/alloy wheels and then tires and some weights you can see quickly that it adds up to more than one of our weight sets which are purpose built for the application. The cost of the kit and one weight set is still less than any competitors kit and a hand selected set of wheels tires and weights combined. There are no modifications to make and the parts just go together. I hope that helps shed some light on the weight sets and maybe you can see the added value of the Beadlox Wheel System.
For my personal Creeper I use the 1.3 set up front for half a pound per wheel and nothing in the rear wheels. Right now that seems to be a pretty good all around set up.

Chris"
nwnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

It's still a plastic wheel w/ tiny hardware.

The price of the weights is ridiculous.
dezfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #23
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
It's still a plastic wheel w/ tiny hardware.

The price of the weights is ridiculous.

Ummm yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Chris, I can understand trying to back your product but......

I can buy a full set of MACHINED wheels for $60.00 and weight is going to cost me all of $3-5

Precisely machined, these aren't race cars turning thousands of RPM's. We have been running lead stick on weight for YEARS with no adverse affects.

It was a good idea and a good execution but you guys missed the ball so far on the price it is funny. $20 would be expensive but probably acceptable.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Damn there steel too that should make them cheaper than lead, i think going down to napa auto parts and for the same price getting 5 lbs of stick on lead weights is much cheaper. I could set up 4-5 crawlers for $60 instead of one.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I don't see the math and/or how they can justify it.

$55.99 for weights
+
$19.99 for a pair of wheels
+
$19.99 for a pair of wheels
=
$95.99 for a set of wheels for a crawler. How is that better than a $100 or $110 set of aluminum wheels? Hell, I can get Eritex's $60 Delrin wheels.

Seriously, $96 for plastic wheels with some fancy weights isn't what I call justifiable and reasonably priced when there are mfgs out there selling Al wheels and delrin for the same or less than these Creeper wheels.
zoojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

what are those klip? hard to tell from your picture, i can make out that they are a round metalic disc with a hole, much like a washer, but what exactly?
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
what are those klip? hard to tell from your picture, i can make out that they are a round metalic disc with a hole, much like a washer, but what exactly?
It looks like wheel weights. Where did you come up with those Klip
and now much weight are they?
ktmkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #29

I went to the hardware store and found flat washers that measured
1-7/8" o.d. with a 5/8" i.d. -- 3 of them fit perfectly inside the rim under the outer bead lock ring. 3 washers = 4oz. I did this on the front and rear, plus added 1 6oz strip weight in both front tires. Seems to work well crawling around the couch. ( to much snow now, NO rocks visible at this time).
SKIPSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #30

They are steel plates that are used to cover hydraulic ports when the hose is removed, I use them at work all the time. We have a bunch in the shop so I took 4, drilled holes in the middle, and put them in the wheel. Each one weighs 8 oz. I put them in the front and rear wheels, but haven't got much time to test it. I also tried 5/8 washers but this plate fit better and weighed more. But it turns out they are not so cheap, 17 bucks a pop.
klip is offline   Reply With Quote