Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Do you think the Venom is worth it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Do you think the Venom is worth it?

Hey hows it going? I am wanting to get into crawling and have been looking at getting the Venom as my first crawler. I have a cpl of concerns about it though. My first concern is about axel breakage. I have heard the have great cs but my problem is that I drive truck and do not get home very often and would hate lick heck to have my new toy out playing with it and then it breaks and I have to wait till I get home to get new axels. Does anyone know if I could just order a set now and if so how fast is there turn around rate on shipping? I am also wondering about the Dif problem I have read about. Well I have to get running and thanks in advanced for any and all advice.
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisetrucker View Post
Hey hows it going? I am wanting to get into crawling and have been looking at getting the Venom as my first crawler. I have a cpl of concerns about it though. My first concern is about axel breakage. I have heard the have great cs but my problem is that I drive truck and do not get home very often and would hate lick heck to have my new toy out playing with it and then it breaks and I have to wait till I get home to get new axels. Does anyone know if I could just order a set now and if so how fast is there turn around rate on shipping? I am also wondering about the Dif problem I have read about. Well I have to get running and thanks in advanced for any and all advice.
I have A venom that came with the good axles. it gets ran hard every day. i have rolled it down a rock face from 30 feet up. all that broke was a link tierod end. I have also modded my'n and add some hb rovers the performance is though the roof now.
I hope you join the dark side.
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I own (2) creepers, One for me one for the wife, There are a few issues that need addressed, You can read my other posts to find out what I have broken on mine so far. You can order replacement axles from venom, when you order your kit. For the most part we are very happy with ours, for the money they have alot of "upgrades" out of the box.
1\4elliptic toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I love my creeper all that I have broke is a stub axel & venom sent me a new one its a great truck!!
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

very good bang for the buck. it makes everything else out now look old school, much thought obviously went into the design of it.

I started crawling a couple months ago with an ax10, wish this was out when I got into the hobby.

If you do go with the creeper, just take your time on the build and be sure you are using the right screws for each step and you'll love it.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I would have to agree with everyone here. I love my creeper, and this is my first RC vehicle. My buddy that got me into this has an AX10 and he is jealous of my creeper.

As username says, take your time and make sure you use all the right screws in the right places and everything will go smoothly. I probably took 15 hours to build mine but I am anal and slow, plus this is my first build.
RetVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I am happy with mine . but ive had my share of broken parts too .
HOLLYWOOD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

for little over $200 its a great crawler, since it is newer it will have a few things over the axial crawlers, and venom is a good brand. granted there isnt a huge aftermarket following yet so getting the parts will be a few months down the road.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

can u use the axial parts on the venom? would they work?
kalin96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:12 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I like mine a few issues but i also like the ax10 i also had issues with venom will treat you right so will axial
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #11

Finished building and put it to the test yesterday. Despite some of the part not fitting quite right now that it done its great we put it to the test on the arizona rocks it did great. havent painted the body yet using my wheely king body.
psychosammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

perfect!!!1 i love mine!!!! just working out some little bugs and i think it will be great!!!
scubadaveojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:50 AM   #13

I have mine pretty much stock. I got rid of the stock tires and threw on some Hammers, added weight to the wheels and it's just as capable as my AX10. I don't know what I would change on it.....

1. the front skid plate does get hung up on

2. the tranny also hangs up

3. I haven't had any problems with locker or axles (fingers crossed)

I picked up the diff locker kit but haven't decided if I should do both or just front or rear.

I would like to move the battery to the front axle and prototype a rear lockout kit to eliminate the rear links.

Other than that I love it.
BajaSkunkworks is offline   Reply With Quote