Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: RoCk SkuLLz - Venom Creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default RoCk SkuLLz - Venom Creeper

Getting closer to being able to drive this crawler. Right now its only a roller. I've got the Hobbico CS-170 (333oz) servo mounted and will be running an Airtronics MX-3 radio. The wheels have the 2.5oz (1lb per tire) venom weights in all 4. I ordered a 45T Integy Matrix motor. Still a newbie to R/C crawling but heard this was a good all around motor. ESC will be a Novak Rooster Crawler. HB Rovers on the way also. Can't wait!

Just finished painting it yesterday. (first time)

RoCk SkuLLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I really like the color and profile of your crawler. Great job.
CleptoLeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #3

One pound in each tire is a bit much. I had ben running eight onces in each front wheel with no wight in the back on the stock tires. It seemed to work pretty well but the stock tires are limited. A friend in my club let me try out a set of Rovers with 17 onces in the front and 8 in the rear. I wheeled all day and at the end of the day I broke a rear link when I tumbled down a small cliff. There is another guy who is running 1 pound in each front wheel and is breaking everything in the front end. Just some food for thaught before you take it out for the first time.
sil80det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

We have new strengthend links coming out now. They also have the angle call out molded in the part.

Chris
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil80det View Post
One pound in each tire is a bit much. I had ben running eight onces in each front wheel with no wight in the back on the stock tires. It seemed to work pretty well but the stock tires are limited. A friend in my club let me try out a set of Rovers with 17 onces in the front and 8 in the rear. I wheeled all day and at the end of the day I broke a rear link when I tumbled down a small cliff. There is another guy who is running 1 pound in each front wheel and is breaking everything in the front end. Just some food for thaught before you take it out for the first time.
Hey sil80det,
Im assuming since they offer it as an optional hop-up that it'll hold up. 1lb in the fronts seem like a good weight to me. I'll likely end up removing some from the rear tires (maybe half) but want to try 1lb in each first. Your buddy with the 17oz/8oz combo sounds like its working good if it held up all day. Got some Rovers too

If it breaks parts, they'll just have to be replaced with stronger ones.
RoCk SkuLLz is offline   Reply With Quote