Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Noob to crawling, just ordered a creeper.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Noob to crawling, just ordered a creeper.

Hello all, my name is Greg. As the title says I just ordered a creeper and I am new the the world of crawling. I am not new to rc though. Most of my experience is with a brushless traxxas revo. I should get my creeper next week, and I would like to share what my setup will be and get some advise from you guys. With the creeper I also ordered a tekin 55t motor and a 14t pinion gear. I plan on using a traxxas evx-2 speed contol that I have laying around and a stock servo from my e-revo. I know that i will probably need to upgrade the servo, but I'll have to do that at a later time. I will probably go with a hitec 7955 (I run one in my revo). For batteries I have two brand new turnagy 2s 5000's that I would like to try. For my controler I will be using my spectrum dx3r. I would like to make my setup waterproof, so I'm wondering if the creeper has a sealed tranny and diffs? As for the electrics I have experience waterproofing the items that are not already waterproof. If you guys have any tips, or advise I would really like to hear what you have to say. Are there any must have items that I should get and install when I build the truck, or will it be pretty decent out of the box with the setup I plan on running? I will not be doing any comp. or anything like that, I'll just be using it for bashing and what not.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advise.

-greg
yzf128r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #2

My advice is to hang in there if you happen to have a missing part or 2. Some kits are perfect and others have a few issues. Venom will get you sorted out if you have any kit troubles. The buggy is awesome once you get it together and the couple of small issues dialed in. You won't be dissapointed! Look around the board there is some great tech right here on the creeper forum. Biggest thing to make sure is to heat shrink the pins in all the axles and drive shafts. They will fall out on the first pack or the second but they will come loose and fall out so heat shrink them during the build and you won't loose any or have it come loose and break an axle. Good luck and have fun with it.
Jason MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thank you. I have read about the problem with the pins. I will put some thick heat shrink on them. It's kind of weird knowing so little about a vehicle. lol. I know the revo in and out. I can't wait until the creeper shows up! Thanks for the tip, can't wait to hear more. It's the little things like that, that can totally change your experience with a new model.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

my kits going to be in on tuesday, what size heat shrink should i stock up on?
88gmchog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

My kit should come today, so I'm not sure on the exact size. I believe it is 1/2" though. Hopefully someone with some experience will chime in to confirm.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gmchog View Post
my kits going to be in on tuesday, what size heat shrink should i stock up on?
1/2 inch. Cut it 3/16 put it on and heat it up.
firekiddc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

awesome thats what i needed to know
88gmchog is offline   Reply With Quote