Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Anyone using a traxxs evx-2 esc?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Anyone using a traxxs evx-2 esc?

Hey all, I still haven't received my creeper, but I expect it monday or tuesday. My plan is to use the evx-2, and I was wondering if there are any issues with the size or performance of the esc? I do like that it is waterproof, but if it won't perform very well I will invest in a fxr and waterproof it. This is my first crawler, so I really don't know what to expect. I have a tekin 55t that I will be using, and plan on using 4s lipo. Let me know if you guys think the evx will do ok, or if I should just get the fxr and not waste my time.

Thanks in advance,

Greg
yzf128r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

From little i read it should do ok, but im not sure. If you plan on going with a 4s lipo look into the holmes hobbies torque master esc the fxr can only do a 3s. I would get the esc to get you gooing and save up for the holmes hobbies torque master.
firekiddc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking. I have the evx-2 from a e-revo that I upgraded to brushless. The batts are also ones that I ordered for the revo and have yet to use. I will probably put the truck together with what I have and if it works good enough for me I'll leave it. If not I will look into other options for the components.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

The EVX-2 is quite large and you will have a hard time fitting it onto the creeper chassis, it doesen't have a lipo cutoff, unless there was a running change since mine, and running 4S power from an e-revo is also going to be some huge and heavy packs for a crawler.

Just my $.02
cwazyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Got the kit, and mounted the evx. It was a little bit tight, but I got it in there. I decided to go with one 2s lipo. I already had a novak smart stop on the esc. Everything seems to be working great! I am a huge fan of the creeper!