Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: hot racing c-hubs and knuckles??????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default hot racing c-hubs and knuckles??????

Does anyone know what the hell is going on with the c-hubs and steering knuckles made by hot racing.....crp1901 and crp2101. I have not been able to find stock on these parts anywhere, I have found the steering knuckles a few weeks ago but now they're not available anymore either. I've tried emailing hot racing to find out if these have been discontinued but that has gotten me nowhere, there cs sure sucks. Any suggestions were to find these items, I live in Canada so I need to find a supplier that ships to here. Thanks for any help guys. Kurt.

Edit, does anyone know if the axial aluminum c-hubs would work with the creeper axles and steering knuckles? Or would I be able to use the Axial c-hubs and Axial steering knuckles on the creeper axles?? Thanks

Last edited by kurtus; 01-05-2010 at 04:11 PM.
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Not sire but I could use the rear hub things.... The VXl, MM, and 3S 30C lipo didnt like the rear knuckle
madmax22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I have the steering knucle,s and the rear axle lock outs. The c-hubs are currently out of stock and i have been told by one supplier they should be in by middle to late january.
The axial parts look the same but the dimentions are different.
Riksss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
RCC Addict

They are all over ebay...
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I have been on ebay, can't find anything on there other than 1 set of steering knuckles @ $24 + $16 freight to Canada plus 8% exchange(quite expensive) and thats all. I'd be ok with that if I was able to get a set of c-hubs from them as well and they didn't charge more frt for them. So, no they are not all over ebay. Thanks though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlames View Post
They are all over ebay...
Old 01-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Mind sharing which supplier your dealing with? I have the lockouts from ebay but no c-hubs anywhere. Steering knuckles are a little easier to find but I need them both at the same time. Thanks for your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksss View Post
I have the steering knucle,s and the rear axle lock outs. The c-hubs are currently out of stock and i have been told by one supplier they should be in by middle to late january.
The axial parts look the same but the dimentions are different.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Have you tried CKRC? That's where I got mine from.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Yeah, no stk on the c-hubs but they have the knuckles.
I just checked and it appears that ckrc just added some new parts to the creeper page. New cvd's, new servo/battery plate that can only be used with there stage 2 suspension because it mounts were the shocks do from the factory and a ota steering kit which makes reference to ckrc high clearance steering knuckles??? Wonder if thats a new item to come as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfrog View Post
Have you tried CKRC? That's where I got mine from.

Last edited by kurtus; 01-05-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I noticed those ... Have to keep an eye out now and see what they throw at us this year. High clearance knuckles would be nice.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I jsut emailed them asking if they are machining their own stuff, waiting for a response. Btw, loving your tuber and the new video was sweet.....nice to see you getting your daughter out there to enjoy the hobby with you. Is the cc going to be handed down to her by chance?? I decided to scrap my cc build and am going to sell all of the stuff I have, ended up buying an axial rtc for the ease of getting parts and the fact that I ran short of time before xmas to get it built for here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfrog View Post
I noticed those ... Have to keep an eye out now and see what they throw at us this year. High clearance knuckles would be nice.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I'm not sure it would survive her. I'm going to build my old VMG to fit under her walmart 1/18 R/C hummer ... it should make for a pretty sweet rig and my old VMG was built pretty stout. with stock size tires and the 'clicker' still in it should survive fine.
Thank's for the compliments on my Creeper ... I'm having fun can ya tell? Got lighting in the works right now (gonna pull the dig and use CH3 for lights on/off).
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #12
RCC Addict

uh oh, might be time for a 4pk or maybe a dx6i??? lol.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Don't you mean uber cheap 6ch stick, I'm too broke for the good stuff ... that'll come when I start the 1981 XTra cab F-series truggy scaler this spring (creeper based). Already have the two Blackfoot bodies.
Back on topic ... know anything about them high clearence knuckles?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

ive been watching for a while for them to come back in stock nothing yet kinda sucks cause i broke a c-hub last week and had to get a few stock ones they hold up fine untill a pin slides out a snaps the *#$% outta it CKRC just added a few more goodies for our ride nothing we havent seen here first though, keep us posted guys
liquidkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #15

you can use the axail c-hub you just have too take about 1.5 mm off the hex on the axle
they fit the stock creeper steering knuckles
widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Thanks for the update on this, I'm going to wait a bit longer to see if the hr come back into stk but it's nice to know there is another option......just want a bolt on and go unit though rather than modding the axles though it would be pretty easy with a file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
you can use the axail c-hub you just have too take about 1.5 mm off the hex on the axle
they fit the stock creeper steering knuckles
Old 01-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

i dont believe that the axial c-hubs fit on our axles they are a completely different shape. dont get me wrong they might fit over our axles and you need to make the holes line up by shaving it down a fuzz. but theres still not enough contact surface area for them to really function proporly and/or hold up to every day abuse. they use a round axle with tabs ours are hexagon
Old 01-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #18

they fit I have them on mine
widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

post a pic please
Old 01-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #20
RCC Addict

I just got a reply from ckrc and they expect the c's to be back in stock in a few weeks. They have the hr steering knuckles in stk right now, the new ckrc hi clearance knuckles are not going to be on their site but was told that I could call in and order them if I want them, they look sorta like axial ones in raw aluminum. If you guys want to see them take a look at the ckrc giveaway for the bta kit.