Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: hitec servo rooster esc and novac 55t

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default hitec servo rooster esc and novac 55t

i have a problem with my servo i just bought and it turns real good to one side but to other not so well and it keeps makeing a buzzing noice like it is being moved while just sitting there any sug.and im thinking of monday buying novac rooster and novac 55t motor . are they very good and do they make that big of a difrence. i am runing a crappy and cheap esc now and i would like to run a lipo.i have heard of people runing the ruster with diffrent motors but if it wold be better to just have a novac motor than i would do it im just looking for some help and reveiws
colbygosdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Not sure one the servo, may be binding.

Rooster, I like mine but the 2S only really kills it. The FXR has 3S capabilities but I have never owned one so i can say much. My Novak rooster/55T is doing good right now though.
madmax22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

The "clicking" while it is sitting still and not being moved is completely normal. Freaked me out the first time I heard it also. I know this is a stupid point to make but sometimes the little things tend to slip by. Did you make sure your servo was "centered" before you hooked it up to the steering? Before you hook up your steering, turn the car ( and servo ) on and make sure it centers itself before you hook it up. If it is still only going to one side I would say there is a problem with the servo. I love my Rooster Crawler ESC but really wish it had 3s capability !
CleptoLeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleptoLeptic View Post
The "clicking" while it is sitting still and not being moved is completely normal. Freaked me out the first time I heard it also. I know this is a stupid point to make but sometimes the little things tend to slip by. Did you make sure your servo was "centered" before you hooked it up to the steering? Before you hook up your steering, turn the car ( and servo ) on and make sure it centers itself before you hook it up. If it is still only going to one side I would say there is a problem with the servo. I love my Rooster Crawler ESC but really wish it had 3s capability !
Thanx I will give it a try now what is the big diffrence from 2s to 3s
Old 01-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax22 View Post
Not sure one the servo, may be binding.

Rooster, I like mine but the 2S only really kills it. The FXR has 3S capabilities but I have never owned one so i can say much. My Novak rooster/55T is doing good right now though.
Yea I'm thinking of the rooster.....it's cheap and I have heard it rev instantly and it pritty much is just easy so
Old 01-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Digital servos chatter, totally normal. Binding and chatter are pretty obvious to distinguish from one another.
Power up a heli with 5 full size digital servos. lol

As cleptoleptic mentioned. Hook up the servo and center your trims at the radio. Then put the servo horn on centered. Trim from there.
jaggededge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggededge View Post
Digital servos chatter, totally normal. Binding and chatter are pretty obvious to distinguish from one another.
Power up a heli with 5 full size digital servos. lol

As cleptoleptic mentioned. Hook up the servo and center your trims at the radio. Then put the servo horn on centered. Trim from there.
Thanx I think I need to b running a bec to so
Old 01-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbygosdin View Post
Thanx I will give it a try now what is the big diffrence from 2s to 3s

2s Lipos only go to 7.4V and a 3s can go up to 11.1v .... ya know for you want that little extra lead in your pencil
CleptoLeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I went and got me the rooster and novac 55t and ordered a small lipo pack next is dig