Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: NEW CKRC BTA Steering kit!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #1

Default NEW CKRC BTA Steering kit!

Anyone have the new CKRCcrawlers.com venom BTA kit???? Let me know your experiences! post your pics! Thanks
crawlercop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

It looks interesting, but I may pass for a bit as have 2 creepers and want to do the stage2 kit first!
y2kgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
RCC Addict

They just put it up for sale a couple days ago, i doubt anyone has it. I think it says wont work with stage 2 last time i looked, so be careful. And if you dont have the stage 2 you can just make your own BTA pretty easily...
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
RCC Addict

From what I read it states that is a bta setup designed to work with the stage 2 kit, it uses a new servo/battery plate up front with holes for 4 link suspension like the ax10 uses. It's supposed to be stronger than using the 4link mounts on the axle. The reason that this is for the stage 2 kit is because the servo plate uses the upper shock mounts to mount to. I think the cheaper solution would be to get the losi shock exrender arms to move the shocks back to stock location and do a behind the axle setup, it'd be way cheaper in the end.

Last edited by kurtus; 03-08-2010 at 01:42 PM.
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Here is my solution. Its not bta but much better and higher than stock. I also have enough room for a 3s 1300 30c lipo on the front axle.
Attached Images

kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Question

This is probably a stupid question but did you have to reverse your steering channel on your radio to make that setup work ?
CleptoLeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

yup.
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Sweet ! Looks good
CleptoLeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I have been running BTA for a few rides now and I think I will go back to the high-mounted solution like showed by kennyj here

1st I ran stock - had no actual problems
2nd I ran high-mount - had no problems at all and could use Stage2 without much modding
3rd I ran homebrew BTA -almost as good as both above (most likely due to my way of solving linkages)

So there is no major win for me to use BTA...

At my level of crawling there is no need for the last bit of extras - especially if it costs as much as this kit...
UndCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:48 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

ANy news on the BTA steering from CKRC...?
legion1capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:54 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion1capone View Post
ANy news on the BTA steering from CKRC...?
I have ran our proto for the past 2-3 months now and I love it. You get highsteer knuckles which are by far better than stock, and you get a ton of steering out of it I have my epa's backed off a bit not to rip off my springs. Also one of the best things is you get a battery spot up front so you get the weight up front. It will fit ckrc 1300 lipos nicely. Check out my build for pics. You must run a stage 2 design suspenions, it takes a lil fab work but nothing major. You may need to shorten the upper link rod ends or links to get a dialed angle of your driveshafts. If I get around to it tomorrow I get some picks posted up here for you guys. Thanks. Tom....
slackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
RCC Addict

where's the pics slackerman??
Old 03-09-2010, 12:46 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I took my rig out a few weeks ago and took a good fall, so its out of commission for a bit so i never got to get pics up, but the build thread i had going is

Cure for the Common Creeper
slackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #14
RCC Addict

I found that thread a while ago but couldn't see pic's of the bta setup, was waiting for the bta to be released so we could see some pics. I have the bta kit at home now but have not installed it yet. I got the bta setup for my ax10 as well from ckrc and just installing that but I'm getting wheel wobble while turning on a dig or reversing(more or less when it's under any kind of load). I have my endpoints backed off and I sorta expected that to happen in reverse due to the nature of the setup however when I'm digging it will start to wobble even if I turn 15 degrees and there is no binding at all?? Does this happen with the Creeper as well or is it just an issue with the ax10, a number of members have ran into this problem as well. I have my caster setup pretty much even if not slightly negative. Is there a specific way to setup a bta? Thanks, Kurt.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

i'm running the bta kit, it works pretty good. stage two is a must and have some time to redo the front upper link arms,so the streering won't rub on the shocks
n0b420 is offline   Reply With Quote