Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Well I purchased one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Well I purchased one

I just got the email that my Creeper is on the way from RPP Hobby. Hey has anyone ordered from them that lives on the East Coast. It is coming Fed EX and it does not tell an estimated time for Delivery like UPS does. I wonder when to expect it??? Anyway just going to build as a Crawler/Basher like my Crawler King. I do not compete . I realy like the looks of the body. I was think of making a Tuber from the measurements from the Lexan Body. Will post Pics when she arrives!!!
skullking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

It's one of the few places I order from. I usually get all my stuff that's shipped FEDex from them in about 5 buisness days.
firekiddc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I ordered from them aswell for the same kit..

Just wating on arrival here in ontario canada.
rcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

Got a Date. Should be here Tuesday.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Haha, your in it way deeper than you wanted to be!!!! Thats pay back! LOL
4mulaSvaliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:36 AM   #6
I joined the Band!

$100 for a Kit, Chump Change!
Old 01-29-2010, 04:18 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy View Post
I ordered from them aswell for the same kit..

Just wating on arrival here in ontario canada.

Let your fellow Canadians know how quick it was, we all know how painful shipping times can be from the USA!!!
Captaincrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
I joined the Band!

Supposed to be here tommorow. Feb. 2nd. Will see when I get home from work. Got a bunch of Ideas for this one!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #9

I just got the email today that the Creeper I ordered from RPP shipped. Luckily, I live in the same state, so hopefully it won't take too long. I ordered the red kit. I'm not planning on doing any comps, but I'm still going to have tons of fun.
PirateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #10
I joined the Band!

Dude FED EX site was wrong, It will be here tomorow. Man, what a feakin let down.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #11

What a bummer! But at least it's only one more day. I chose priority mail. Mine may be here tomorrow too.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #12

Did your kit show up today? Mine got here, can't wait to start assembly this weekend.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:24 AM   #13
I joined the Band!

Yeah got it yesterday. I started putting it together right away. Got school tonight. I will post some Pics later. All my Bags were labeled amd nothing seems to be missing.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

b carefull some of the bags have hardware that is used way later in the build so half the time you have bags that are open and have to be used later and its a bitch keeping track of all the opened ready to spill ones, also seriously think if you are ever going to want to un lock your axles cause the come disconected or one leger some times and you can stop that when you assemble by just locking up the spider gears and look up the dude doing the cvd thing with the tin can trimings and heat shrink will save you lost pins!!
solowluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #15
I joined the Band!

Almost finished, Still no Pics yet. A coupe of negatives that I see. The Set Screws that go into the driveshaft coming out the trans will not thread down to the Flat Spot. I have to turn it to the round part to get it to hold this worries me. And changing that motor is going to be a B!$ch I know it. That set up is kinda weird. I think it is hard to set the Gear mesh.
Anyway not too bad I used Gorilla Tape (really strong and sticky stuff) and shrink wrap on the so called loose pins. First I cleaned all the packing grease before applying threadlock, but I went ahead and added some insurance. I seem to be missing 1 bearing but that is it. I have a few extras of some screws. Going to have to run up to the LHS to pick up a bearing. Might be able to post pics tommorow.

LATER
Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #16

Sounds like you're moving right along. I haven't even started by build yet. I'm trying to get my work area arranged. I'm hoping to get started tomorrow. Can't wait to see some pics.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #17
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateRN View Post
Sounds like you're moving right along. I haven't even started by build yet. I'm trying to get my work area arranged. I'm hoping to get started tomorrow. Can't wait to see some pics.
My work area is a floor, too cold in the Garage
Old 02-06-2010, 07:54 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullking View Post
My work area is a floor, too cold in the Garage
Dont be a bitch. Get out in the garage! (by the way, get a wood stove for out there)
You better have that thing done today!!! LOL
And get some pics up slim!
4mulaSvaliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #19
I joined the Band!

Well just finushed it up. Everybody knows what it looks like but I will put some pics up. Like I said before changing out the motor will be harder than normal but I have a couple Ideas for that. Going to put stiffer springs in to raise the ride hide. This is going to be more of a Basher crawler So I want a little more spring. Right now with a 6 cell NIMH it pretty much rides at 90% droop. I must say I like the locking and unlocking of the axles. I am running a RC4WD 35 Turn Motor with Outcry ESC. SUPER DRAG BRAKE!!! Works AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Need to clean up the wiring and paint the body. Overall I really like it I plan to lock out the rear also with custom rear lockouts. Only missing one bearing. Oh Yeah, Those of you having trouble with the pins falling out. Make sure the threaded parts are threaded all the way through. My Drive shafts were not. SO there was not full contact, now everyhting was rethreaded and hold Tight!!

Old 02-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #20

Looking good! I started building mine today. Luckily, I have a table in my Man Cave (warmth and a fridge for drinks). I hope to post some pics soon too.