Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Creeper First Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #1

Default Creeper First Build

Hello all and thanks for a great site for information! I ordered my first creeper from the Local HobbyTown USA in Norman last week and got it together now. I have read a lot of the posts here and have to say that I now have a set of Rover tires and also a CKRC stage 2 Suspension kit coming in the mail. Wished now I would have waited on building the kit until the stage 2 kit arrived but thats ok. I need the exp. I do have a question or two to ask, Being new to this hobby I do not really understand what DIG is and also the remote diff lock set up. Anyone up for answers?
Rsplash93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Whats your questions?
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #3

Questions that I have are What is DIG? I have another one on Servos. I have been reading for the last hour or so on what types of servos to run. I think I will probably go with a hitec 7955 but thought I would ask for opinions on what to run up front.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsplash93 View Post
Questions that I have are What is DIG? I have another one on Servos. I have been reading for the last hour or so on what types of servos to run. I think I will probably go with a hitec 7955 but thought I would ask for opinions on what to run up front.
Type "venom creeper dig" in on youtube and it will give you a general idea of what its for. Basically it locks the back wheels, so you can spin the front wheels a pivot, so you can make tighter turns. For a servo, i run a mg946r because its cheap and powerful enough for me.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #5

The Venom Dig will allow the following to happen

postion 1 4wd
position 2 2wd rears free wheel
position 3 2wd rears locked
serveapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #6

Thanks for the insight. I am thinking about remote diffs as an alternative. which do you think is best?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I wouldn't really waste your time with the remote diffs. Save up for the dig and you won't be disappointed. As far as your servo question.... I run a hitec 7955 and it's a great servo. There are more powerful ones out there, but for the price you really can't go wrong, and it has pleanty of power to turn the fronts with weighted rovers.
yzf128r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #8

Thanks once again. I had thought about several different of the servos but was leaning towards the hitec 7955. So that ought to seal it for me. As far as the difference between the remote diffs or DIG, I will wait for the DIG unit. Hopefully I should get my stage 2 kit and tires in this week.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:35 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I thought the selectable lockers was a cool idea when I got the Creeper with intention of running remote lock on them.
As it turns out they are a real pita and the best thing to do is lock them up and call it at that.
Some people buy lockers, some JB weld, and some (me) use hot glue.

Lock 'em and leave 'em.

The stock tires are a lot of fun if you have a dremel and a lot of time on your hands to cut and test. I am still cutting and playing with mine as test tires. My "compers" are Axial- Lizzards that suck nearly as much as the stock venoms.

The Rovers will be a hoot for you.

Dig is something that I have not used but can see as being quite handy.
I have gone for a sportsman class so no dig for me. I have to learn to drive better.
Simon.O. is offline   Reply With Quote