Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: A few of my mods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default A few of my mods

First I'd like to thank all the people that have posted great info here. I got my Creeper last February and they've helped me keep it running good and gave me ideas for mods.

So I figured it was time I posted up some of mine which may be similar to others but some may like the small differences. I mainly bash with it and never got into serious comps so these are mainly quick mods that fixed problems or made big gains in performance. Plus as you'll see they were made for dirt cheap.

The first thing I did is build boatsides, I had them on before taking it out on any rocks. They're just some aluminum I had laying around that were the right width. They really helped to protect the body and to slide over the rocks instead of hanging up on the body posts. They also protect the locker servos.

The original shocks often leaked and popped the caps, so I ended getting some Losi shocks and fabbing new brackets to place them more vertical with the lower end mounted next to the lower links. I also mounted a shelf on the rear ones for the receiver.

In the summer I finally got around to building a steel skidplate. It's from a piece of ventilation duct and is galvanized. Very easy to cut and shape, and slides pretty good. Others have used delrin but this is much thinner and doesn't effect ground clearance. I could have just bought the new version from Venom but this helps with backwards movement too, and steel is more realistic

Richard
YJ_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Looks great YJ. The skidplates look great, and probably function well too.

I've been meaning to get the upgraded venom skid plate but maybe I'll look into making my own.
jaggededge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #3

that looks like a pro did that good job
super-maxx23 is offline   Reply With Quote