Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Venom Foams in HB Rovers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #1

Default Venom Foams in HB Rovers

Any one ever use the Venom Foams in HB Rovers? It happens to be what I have laying around.

Thanks in advance,

MP
Labby01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

When I first got my blue rovers I used the stock venom foam. They worked pretty good, but not as good as the HB foams that came with the tires. I now run white rovers, and haven't tried the venom foams, but I think that there would be to much give in the tire with the white rovers. Give it a try if it's all you have right now. It might not be to bad since it's winter time and the rubber won't be quite as soft.
yzf128r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The foams are not tall enough and thus leaving an air gap.
I tried running them that way for about a week and got tired of the tire folding over or pinching.

Get the 2.2 Nova Ark foams, they are a true 5.5 foam and make a world of difference in traction.

Chris
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If you have another set of foams laying around try skinning off 1/3 of an inch off your extra set and sleave that into the HB and then put the stock foam in.That will fill out the tire.I do that with all of my tires,I use a combo of meamory foam and standard foam for a dual density insert and it works well.
Santa Cruz Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwchris View Post
The foams are not tall enough and thus leaving an air gap.
I tried running them that way for about a week and got tired of the tire folding over or pinching.

Get the 2.2 Nova Ark foams, they are a true 5.5 foam and make a world of difference in traction.

Chris

man I hear yah on that! Are the Ark foams available through any of the shops on here? How do they compare to the Proline dual stage foams?
serveapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

cut the sidewalls off your stock creeper tires then stuff the tire and the stock memory foam into the rover. Works real well. Dont trim all the sidewall at once. Do it in layers until you get the firmness you want.
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
smr
Rock Stacker

Im running hte venom memory foams in my hb rovers (white) its too soft. since they dont feel the tire as mentioned by others they pinch real easy. Dont get me wrong I get tons of bite when uphilling but on flats or on transitions between two rocks the tire will pinch in, bind and flip rig. Also my sidewall rolls over so bad it caught the screw on steering link and ripped sidewall after wrapping tire around axle full turn...
smr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Thats why you add the original trimmed tire to stiffen to your liking. It also adds some weight.
kennyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #9

Thanks forvthe great info! I have added diametrically by doubling foam, but the tire sidewalk tip is great!

Thanks again,
MP
Old 02-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #10

Default Great Info

Thanks forvthe great info! I have added diametrically by doubling foam, but the tire sidewalk tip is great!

Thanks again,
MP