Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: so im about to get a creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 01:36 AM   #1

Default so im about to get a creeper

is there any i should know about this before building it or driving it i would like all the help i can get thanks
super-maxx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2010, 03:54 AM   #2

Get an LCC?

Don't get me wrong, Creeper is decent crawler out of the box for starters and I do own one.

But,

if you want something more(like comps), you will end spending a lot of money on upgrades like diff. locks, stage 2, DIG, rovers that will easily double the cost

On the other side LCC looks more expensive but it is competitive right out of the box.
You want DIG? - no problem, add a servo and there you go...

Last edited by Dotix; 03-26-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Dotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

All the kits have there problem, LOSI, VENOM, AXIAL, REDCAT, Ect....

there is lots and lots of info on each and every one of them on this forum, take a week or soo and do research on all of them befor you pull the trigger.

Knowlege is power.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:35 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

yea dude this forum is the best since i got my crawler ive been on here everyday they have everything you want to kno on here. these things are expensive!!! i got my creeper because the price, and it looked badass.
punishermustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

drill holes in tires,
weights in wheels Front 6-8Oz, Rear 4-6Oz,
Shocks upside down,
Venom Metal diff cases with locking Kit or diff lockers,
heat shrink tubing on cvd pins,
Venom Dig unit
Hot Bodies-Rover Whites,

Other than that you're golden!
vtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #6

i have been reading alot on here and i did have a axial rtc before and i liked that for the most part but then i traded it so i know how those are and i have thought about a LCC but i dont comp crawl its just me and a few friends but i see that alot of people use rovers are those just for rocks cuz we crawl on rock and little dirt so thanks for all the info guys keep it up
Old 03-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #7

Go for it man! The Creeper is a climbing animal with wheel weights and the White Rovers. I have 4oz. in the front wheels and none in the back and it climbs like a goat. Just follow all of the tips on this forum and you'll never break it either.
JonnyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:21 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Build it box stock first and run it as is. Observe it and see what you do and do not like.
Then start on mods, take your time and do one thing at a time and get plenty of driving time in between each mods or upgrade. This will allow you time to learn how your rig handles and how you may want it to handle.
I have spent on average an hour a day for the last 3 months on my creeper and so far have new tires and a lipo pack !!
I do also have a hand cut chassis and a very unusual suspension setup but that is very cheap and I now have a crawler that is a lot of fun.

My creeper
Simon's Creeper.
Simon.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.O. View Post
Build it box stock first and run it as is. Observe it and see what you do and do not like.
Then start on mods, take your time and do one thing at a time and get plenty of driving time in between each mods or upgrade. This will allow you time to learn how your rig handles and how you may want it to handle.
I have spent on average an hour a day for the last 3 months on my creeper and so far have new tires and a lipo pack !!
I do also have a hand cut chassis and a very unusual suspension setup but that is very cheap and I now have a crawler that is a lot of fun.

My creeper
Simon's Creeper.
i just got done reading the whole thing and wow you really went all out looks like a kick ass rig and it gave me some ideas
Old 03-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-maxx23 View Post
is there any i should know about this before building it or driving it i would like all the help i can get thanks
Buy it from RPP Hobby $104.99 Then get the Brass covers for the CVD's A set of 4 for $7.00 ( Venom Creeper CVD covers ), then get the Lockers from FLM ( http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axles-trannys-t-case/205789-rcbros-venom-creeper-diff-lockers-flm.html#post2119280 ) and you will be set.

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 03-25-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpster1980 View Post
Buy it from RPP Hobby $104.99 Then get the Brass covers for the CVD's A set of 4 for $7.00 ( Venom Creeper CVD covers ), then get the Lockers from FLM ( http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2119280 ) and you will be set.
+tires
chuckatruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckatruck View Post
+tires
what tires are you guys useing on your creepers
Old 03-26-2010, 03:21 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-maxx23 View Post
what tires are you guys useing on your creepers
If you have time and patience then use the stockers and cut them up a bit and take the time to learn how you can drive on less than stellar rubber.
Then get some good rubber.
I use Rover Blues as it is warm here, whites seem more popular for the cooler climates.
There are a lot of good tires to choose from and a few hours in the tires and wheels section here will give you some info to base a decision on.

I do like my Rovers
Simon.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

HB rovers, WHITE. Best bang for the buck, and for sure a top 5 crawler tire in the market.
madmax22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #15

Definitely Rovers. Don't waste time cutting up the stock crap tires!
JonnyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.O. View Post
If you have time and patience then use the stockers and cut them up a bit and take the time to learn how you can drive on less than stellar rubber.
Then get some good rubber.
I use Rover Blues as it is warm here, whites seem more popular for the cooler climates.
There are a lot of good tires to choose from and a few hours in the tires and wheels section here will give you some info to base a decision on.

I do like my Rovers
i did like simon said, i ran mine stock. then i cut out all the shorter lugs. which worked better for me. then i went to white rovers. great tires.

Last edited by lazynocturnal; 03-26-2010 at 08:27 PM.
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazynocturnal View Post
i did like simon said, i ran mine stock. then i cut out all the shorter lugs. which worked better for me. then i went to white rovers. great tires.
i was thinking of useing the stock tires but i have been reading that they really suck so i was thinking of just getting proline chisels
Old 03-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

rovers! rovers! rovers!
sidewaystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:04 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

ridgelines (Stock Venom) tires are a good learner tire i think because it makes stuff harder to climb than with the Rovers, but they're not Crap by any account i think!) i get some good climbs with mine, obviously the rover whites have MUCH more traction, so for a competitive rig Rovers, for rock bashing ridgelines are enoughoh and i wouldn't bother cutting etc. to much hassle for very little difference
vtek is offline   Reply With Quote