Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Creeper HELP>.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #1

Default Creeper HELP>.......

hey everyone
i just purchased a creeper havnt even recieved it yet but i will in the morning but i was just wondering where is a godd fair priced place to buy aftermarket parts for the vehicle.... like aluminum hop ups or better drive shafter and some good tires, i have a comp. next week and i want it set up and unbreakable so any advice and help would be greatly appricated... thank you for all the help and advice that will be given
thanks again for you words and time.....
rdeflayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeflayme View Post
hey everyone
i just purchased a creeper havnt even recieved it yet but i will in the morning but i was just wondering where is a godd fair priced place to buy aftermarket parts for the vehicle.... like aluminum hop ups or better drive shafter and some good tires, i have a comp. next week and i want it set up and unbreakable so any advice and help would be greatly appricated... thank you for all the help and advice that will be given
thanks again for you words and time.....
I'll try to be kind here.
You have a comp next week and you do not even have your crawler yet ??
Good tires are a search button away !! Rovers is a clue

Aftermarket alloy parts ?? Have you identified the parts that you need yet or are you just after some alloy bling bits ??

I make no apology for sounding a little harsh as I see so many people who buy a product and then have a passion for adding the shiney bits in the hope that will make it better.
Trust me on this, run it box stock and then from there work out where you need to go.

Fwiw I knew a month before my creeper arrived what could be and needed to be done by reading.................. A LOT !!!

For a little read as to what can be done have a look here.
Simon's Creeper.
Simon.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #3

actually i have already done plenty of reading thank yoiu much and no i dont want "bling" i want strength as isaid unbreakable, and yeah i have been running my buddies crawler at the past few comps because i didnt have a 1/10 scale yet and i just got mine none of my lhs carries and parts for this vehicle so i want to order some aftermarket stronger stuff like the driveshafts that everyone complaines about to have on standbye incase mine breaks.....thanks for not helping though i appricate that....
Old 04-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Ok I'll have another go at answering

Tires : Rovers are very popular and the whites seem to be the ticket for the cooler climates. I have blues and they are plenty soft enough for me but it is warm here.

Shafts: The stock ones are pretty good if put together right and a ring of good shrink tube is put over them to prevent a loose pin coming out.
I have over 100 hrs on mine and none of the stock shafts are showing any undue wear.

Vendors: Ckrc and TCS seem to be the most popular and there are a few vendors here in th sellers section.
I get any RC stuff from tower as they have great shipping prices to NZ.
Or I use E-bay.

I hope this was more help.
Simon.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Welcome and congrats on the new Creeper.

I'll do my best to help. The stock creeper is good out of the box but with a few mods/upgrades it can crawl just as good as my AX10 does.

1. Use stiffer springs front and rear the stock ones are to soft. I used Axials Soft up front and Mediums for the rears.

2. Flip the stock tires around or buy some roovers/rock claws

3. add lead weights to the front rims and vent the rims!.

4. Some one sells brass covers that fit over the CVD's and keep the pins in and make them bullet proof. A set of 4 is like $7.00
Venom Creeper CVD covers

5. The stock drive shafts are fine just take your time building them and use blue lock tight.

6. Get the FLM lockers ( I ahve them but the stock ones are still holding fine)

7. Use LiPo's and a ESC that can handle LiPo's because NIMH batteries in the top tray are to heavy

Thats should get you off to a good start.

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 04-02-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #6

Exclamation

thank you for the help and advice i bought it used so it was pre assebled with a ez run speedo and motor wich seems to do good i played with it a little today and so far the only problem i can see and if someone can help i really need it lol is
the front axxel seems fine and when i hold it in the air all 4's spin but under a load or some stress both front spin and only one rear what do i do to lock it i read some stuff about the washer trick? do i have to pull the axel apart or is it something on the outside i do or do i have to pull it apart ( i will i jsut dont want to) lol and if some one could show me pics i dont know where to put the shrink tubing and were do you even get any that big from i cant find any bigger than like a SMALL size lol thanks again for the advice...
Old 04-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

FLM lockers for durability@ RCbros.com Punisher driveshafts wont break or ever come loose@RC4wd CKRC stage II suspension mod =cuts torque twist@ CKRC HB Sedona tires= more clearance better traction @CKRC Novak Goat 3 W 18.5 brushless crawler motor=Massive torque,insane wheelspeed when needed@CKRC LIPO battery 11.1v are unreal
Santa Cruz Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #8

so i found the problem and fixed it.... it was something as stoopid as the pin behind the hex was missing so it was just free spinning lol how dumb right i didnt pay attition when putting the tires on, but i can see were tires make a huge differnce cause this thing seems like it cant crawl over an ant let alone some rocks so that will be were to start from what everyone here is telling me is buying some good tries.....
Old 04-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I recomend the HB Sedonas.A little more $ than the rovers but way better.$17.99 per pair well worth the $$$
Santa Cruz Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #10

rc planet has aluminum drive shafts for $25 which was well worth it
bgh1441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:25 PM   #11

does any one have a manual or can find one i would greatly appricate it the guy i got this from forgot to send me the program card and i cant figure out how to manually program the damn thing and i have no drag break here is a link to what i got
http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...hp?item_id=147
thank you for the help
Old 04-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

One of the things that I learned from building rigs and seeing what I needed to concentrate my time on, Is to look at all the build threads. No one builds stuff the same and you will for sure see what works by the most popular selections. Say tires, Rovers are top notch. About 40-50% of crawlers run them. Learn to be unique also, If you have an idea, Try it. If it doesn't work you've lost nothing. I don't like building cookie cutter rigs. That takes the fun out of it for me. But, Like I said just look at rigs to see what works and go from there.

addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #13

i really need help with the instructions for that speedo pleaze help i really need it lol.......
Old 04-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeflayme View Post
i really need help with the instructions for that speedo pleaze help i really need it lol.......
http://www.hobbywing.com/english/downloads.asp
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:07 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

I'm very new to this forum and I'm guilty of wanting people to do the foot work for me. But this is ridiculous. How hard can it be to find the manufacturers programming instructions.

follow this link and scroll down towards the bottom and look for this...

For detail informations, please refer to the following hyperlinks:
1) "eZRun-35A" speed controllers
2) "eZRun-25A" speed controllers
3) "eZRun-18A" speed controllers
4) "eZRun" series brushless motors(9T to 12T)
5) Program card for the speed comtroller

This is directly from the manufactures website, if this doesn't answer your questions you have bigger problems than anyone here can help with.
freemachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #16

thank you both very much that was exactly what i needed... well ill have to play with that a little and see how she does...
thanks again