Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Transmission help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Transmission help

Hey guys....Thanks for all the help....now I need some more haha.

Well, I have to put my spur gear pretty close to the trans gears thus creating torque twist. Not a huge problem but its startin to bug me. I would take it off a bit but if I do when I hit an obstacle, the trans slips gears.

If theres nothin I can do but replace the gears I would rather just buy a aftermarket transmission.

If I do that what one would I go with?

THANKS!
Krazee DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazee DD View Post
Hey guys....Thanks for all the help....now I need some more haha.

Well, I have to put my spur gear pretty close to the trans gears thus creating torque twist. Not a huge problem but its startin to bug me. I would take it off a bit but if I do when I hit an obstacle, the trans slips gears.

If theres nothin I can do but replace the gears I would rather just buy a aftermarket transmission.

If I do that what one would I go with?

THANKS!
Not sure whats your problem with the stock transmission , your gear mesh between the spur and pinion should only be wide enough to have a pice of paper go through with out it tearing. I know its a pain to line up the gear mesh in the creepers tranny but with a long handle allen wrench it is easy enough.

If you realy want to replace it the AX10 Axial Tranny would be your best bet.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

i recently put a axial trans on my creeper. bought the tranny off of ebay for $35ish and got a dna dig off of this site for $35. i bought the stock axial trans plate and had to drill 2 holes in each side plate. i will be up grading to delrin plate here soon. the reason i did it wa for the ease of maitniece. and you will have to run some sort of axial drive shafts. im running the integy's up front and traxxas steel yokes and shafts in the rear due to the dig. i will be cutting the other integy shorter here soon. ill post some pics after i get off of work....
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazynocturnal View Post
i recently put a axial trans on my creeper. bought the tranny off of ebay for $35ish and got a dna dig off of this site for $35. i bought the stock axial trans plate and had to drill 2 holes in each side plate. i will be up grading to delrin plate here soon. the reason i did it wa for the ease of maitniece. and you will have to run some sort of axial drive shafts. im running the integy's up front and traxxas steel yokes and shafts in the rear due to the dig. i will be cutting the other integy shorter here soon. ill post some pics after i get off of work....
Sweet I would love to see those pics Noc. Thanks. Would any of those RC4WD trans do?
Krazee DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazee DD View Post
Sweet I would love to see those pics Noc. Thanks. Would any of those RC4WD trans do?
those trans will work. ive seen a couple of creepers on here with them. i believe they have a different mounting patern so you would have to use a different tranny plate. i also had to put 6mm spacers between the trans plate and trans. had to due this so the dig unit would clear the lower links since i mounted them on the inside of the chasis plates.

heres a clear pic with out all the electronics when i first was putting it together.
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:25 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

an ax10 tranny omn a venom creeper is good. works just fine.
JuziTin is offline   Reply With Quote