Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Good Choice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #1

Default Good Choice

Hi guys
Just a little update. Had my creaper for about a month now and all I can say is "wow" man I like this. I must admit after reading all of these posts about all the problems everyone is having I was beginning to regreat on buying the creaper.
I have used it basically every day sinse building it and I have had not one issue with mine. I had no axile pins come out, nor did I have any problems with my locking diffs I just tightened and locktightened the set screw for the locker switich.
I am glad on getting the creaper and thanks to all of you that posted on one of my previous posts and insured me that it was a good choise.
I will put a few pictures on here once I get a chance but my firse attempt on painting the body was not that great but it will do for now.
Later
Darren
Cherokee Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I'm in the same boat as you. I love my creeper aka Creepy. I have had no problems with it at all, but I changed the drive shafts a week after I got it anyway. No truck I have had before came even close to performing like it. Creepy is owning my local crawl spot, and is still in stock form. I'm beating axials and losis left right and center. Right now I have moabs on the front and stockers on the rear, while I fix my rustler rims for my hammers.
mastathug0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
RCC Addict

i love my creeper , i have made a few changes different driveshafts and new outer front axle shafts , took out the little screw that is for the locker lever and put a longer screw with two nuts on it in holds the locker slider in place . mine crawls great i run in sportsman and started running 2.2 class as well ( minus dig )
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:28 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Me too!! Love mine still stock. Even wheels and tire. Setup has alot to do with how you crawl!! Sometimes hop ups and mods are not the answer(but it sure is fun to do!!) Creeper is the one rig I have left alone. No broken driveshafts, no loose pins, no problems!!
Steve Hipsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #5

Ya I have not replaced my tires either. I did add about 4oz in the front and 2oz in the rear, drilled 2, 1/8 holes in each rim to let air out and left the foam alone and it crawls very well for me and the tires squish out on the rocks. But then again what do I know I never had a rc crawler before so I really got nothing to compare to.

Darren
Cherokee Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I took mine out yesterday for the first time with my new suspension settings and new tires. I am using proline chisels. I put much stiffer springs in the rear and thicker oil in the shocks, I already had done the home made stage 2 and axial axles. Most of the torque twist is gone and it works unbelievably well. The difference is nightand day. With the stock tires I was struggling to keep up with my scx10 but now it crawled right up stuff I was struggling with last time out. Stuff that seemed impossible with both trucks before is now easy.
Knitewulfe is offline   Reply With Quote