Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Servo glitch?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #1

Default Servo glitch?

Thanks for the help on the other question. The problem is when the wheels are hard left or right under a load, the servo starts to glitch and i lose all funtions. I pickup the truck and it stops glitching and is fine. Is that a servo problem or a radio adjustment? The batteries in the radio only last about a couple hours? I'm running a CKRC MG995 servo, Dura Trax Auto Sport ESC, Venom VRST Radio,55t Motor, 7.2V 1800mAh battery.
Thanks, Mike.
mw469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
RCC Addict

get a BEC .that will sove it
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #3

I was going to get a lipo cut off module to run a lipo. Will the BEC do the same thing?
Old 08-16-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw469 View Post
I was going to get a lipo cut off module to run a lipo. Will the BEC do the same thing?
No, they are two seperate things. A bec allows the servo to pull power straight from the battery . You would need both
Old 08-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Wow the batteries in your controller only last a couple of hours? Mine last a few weeks at least running them everyday... Maybe something wrong with your controller. Try a different one.
n8big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw469 View Post
Thanks for the help on the other question. The problem is when the wheels are hard left or right under a load, the servo starts to glitch and i lose all funtions. I pickup the truck and it stops glitching and is fine. Is that a servo problem or a radio adjustment? The batteries in the radio only last about a couple hours? I'm running a CKRC MG995 servo, Dura Trax Auto Sport ESC, Venom VRST Radio,55t Motor, 7.2V 1800mAh battery.
Thanks, Mike.
Some radios do eat batteries. Try some rechargables. Nicads that you can get at the stroe that have thier own charger. Your servo is using a lot of power when it reaches full lock and it wants to go farther but cant. The BEC will provide sufficient power to the servo and bypass the Rx so it gets all the power it needs. A lipo cut off will only regulate the battery itself. It does this by reading the voltage through the wires and tells you the battery is low by a beeping or by burping the throttle like my Novak Smart Stop 3S lipo cut off does. You only need the lipo cut off with an ESC that doesnt have it built in or like me,,,I run a Rooster thats rated for 2S and I run 3S lipos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
get a BEC .that will solve it
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8big View Post
Wow the batteries in your controller only last a couple of hours? Mine last a few weeks at least running them everyday... Maybe something wrong with your controller. Try a different one.
Some radios are pigs man
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

x3 on the bec just got mine in and it great..... but i think to save your self the headache in wiring i would just upgrade your esc (if funds are not an object) but deffinitely save the weight dump the cell and go lipo....
sidewaystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaystreak View Post
x3 on the bec just got mine in and it great..... but i think to save your self the headache in wiring i would just upgrade your esc (if funds are not an object) but deffinitely save the weight dump the cell and go lipo....
Yea but even some of the higher end esc's(fxr, sidewinder, mmp etc) still need them when your running high power/torque/multiple servos and if your running 3s and above. The only esc where you might be able to use a high power servo and no bec is the HH Torque Master pro....but to what extent i dont know
Old 08-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

thats what im saying (if funds are not an object).....
sidewaystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #10

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/novak-30...-bec-p-78.html
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/5465-nov...bec-p-689.html

Thanks for the help guys, Would one for these work? Is one better than the other? Why? I know I know to many questions.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

No you need a 10 amp or bigger,,,both of those are like just using the esc
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Here you go. this is the one you need Castle Creations BEC
This is the one most everyone uses
Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

The Castle BEC is the stuff.
You do need to get the Castlelink to set it up, but you should have one, for all the Castle ESC's you should have

Ok, that was sprooking, but I have more of their products than any other companies (with the exception of Spektrum receivers) and never had a dud item or felt stitched by short comings.
Badmuthatrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:58 AM   #14

What is the castlelink for? Will it work with my ESC? Is this one better or does it need the link also? I know more questions.

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/castle-c...or-p-2231.html
Old 08-19-2010, 05:31 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Firstly, woah, that is huge for a BEC. That's a Sidewinder ESC case. A 20 amp BECV would be nice, but size and weight would make that impractical for a 2.2 crawler. For a single servo application, the Castle Creations 10a BEC is all you need.

The Castlelink is a little device that is receiver plug one end and mini USB the other and lets you access all the adjustments on all Castle ESC's (except the old Mamba Max, it has a mini USB in the side of it's case) and BEC's by hooking them up to your pc and running the Castle software.

The 10a BEC needs it's output voltage adjusted (to 6v) to work well with most basic to intermediate servos.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #16

Would the castlelink work with my ESC? I have a Dura Trax ESC in the original post above.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:42 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

No. Only Castle ESCs.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #18

Is there a ESC that i dont need a BEC? The ESC i just bought will not work with any BEC's i can find. I dont want to buy a BEC and a cutoff that dont work with my ESC, when i can just get a better ESC. Thanks .
Old 08-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Holmes hobbies torquemaster. Has the largest internal bec to date
Old 09-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #20

I talked to CKRC and they said I can use the Castle Creations 10amp Bec with the ESC that I have. Bought it - Tried it - Presto no glitch. Just thought you might want to know that you dont need a Castle Creations ESC for it to work.

Last edited by mw469; 09-27-2010 at 04:26 PM.