Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: 1st ever crawler, 1st ever post

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakman View Post
Axles have JB Weld & locked. L/R rear pull. Left front only pulls. Right front does not. What gives? Your instructions followed exactly.
Took it apart two more times after reading your last post. Paid close attention to what you suggested. Everything fit perfectly. Front left pull is so strong will nearly rip hand off. Front right still no pull.
steakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Ok,,im lost....what do you mean by pull?
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

This is what Im thinkin,,when you throttle up you have power to the left front (drivers side front), left rear(drivers side rear) and the right rear(passenger side rear),,,,no power to the right fornt(passenger side front). can you spin the right front tire by itself. when you spin it does it make the left front turn to and if it does do both tires turn the same way.

there are a few things that this could be caused by.

1. you have the wrong shaft on the right side,,the right front and left rear get longer cvd shafts and the left front and right rear get shorter cvd shafts

2. the side gears in the diff arent engaaging the spider gears or the spider gears/side gears are stripped.

3. an obvious but sometimes overlooked problem that can happen, but is there a drive pin in the right front wheel hex hub on the axle shaft?

4. is the right front wheel hex stripped out? the wheel itself.

5. check the CVD shaft itself and make sure the shaft is spinning as it exits the axle and turning the stub shaft that goes to the wheel.

My thought is this,,and its a pian in the backside since youve already rtorn the axle apart twice. disassemble the axle one more time. Place the pinion in hte yoke half of the axle housing. place the built diff in the same housing. the place the right side c-hub on the end of the axle and then install the cvd shaft through the c-hub and make sure its engaging the diff. just because the shaft goes into the diff carrier housing ( the black housing the diff gears are in) doesnt mean the shaft is engaged into the side gear.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:35 AM   #64

Timeout: I searched-never found. Is E-Maxx size tires & rims too much for the creeper?
steakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Yes they are.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

I ordered my Creeper 72 hours ago. I have been reading this forum probably a total of 40 hours since then. I think I broke my brain. So much good info that I have started ordering more parts before the kit has even showed up. Love this site!
zukdogz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:46 AM   #67

Default All of you guys are awesome!

I have been wanting to get into rock crawling for a long time. I joined this forum and the "ntxrcrc" forum because I live in north Texas. I thoroughly investigated all of the options available to me and with all of your help made some educated decisions. I purchased a Venom Creeper kit in red, a Tekin FXR/45T motor combo, Upgraded Traxxas driveshafts and the Stage 2 suspension upgrade, and a Castle Creations BEC all from CKRC Crawlers, a set of FLMs from RC Bros., a Spektrum DX3E radio sytem and a JR high torque servo from Horizon Hobbies, and a G Force 1300mah 3s lipo battery from Value Hobby. All of these decisions were based off of what I had read in this forum, and I stayed within my budget of $500 dollars by doing a lot of shopping around! I finally have my crawler all built and need to paint the body still, but it crawls awesome in the house! I can't wait to get it painted and take it outside! I just wanted to thank all of you for your help and willingness to share your knowledge with us noobs!
SlowDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:10 AM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowDemon View Post
I have been wanting to get into rock crawling for a long time. I joined this forum and the "ntxrcrc" forum because I live in north Texas. I thoroughly investigated all of the options available to me and with all of your help made some educated decisions. I purchased a Venom Creeper kit in red, a Tekin FXR/45T motor combo, Upgraded Traxxas driveshafts and the Stage 2 suspension upgrade, and a Castle Creations BEC all from CKRC Crawlers, a set of FLMs from RC Bros., a Spektrum DX3E radio sytem and a JR high torque servo from Horizon Hobbies, and a G Force 1300mah 3s lipo battery from Value Hobby. All of these decisions were based off of what I had read in this forum, and I stayed within my budget of $500 dollars by doing a lot of shopping around! I finally have my crawler all built and need to paint the body still, but it crawls awesome in the house! I can't wait to get it painted and take it outside! I just wanted to thank all of you for your help and willingness to share your knowledge with us noobs!
First off slow demon welcome second your welcome from all us creeper heads! and third good choice on the creeper looks like you have done your homework thats for sure. you should start your own build thread on here and post some pixs if you have any questions dont hesatate to ask we are all here to help and get the creeper out their as a topnotch crawler. cant wait to see what you have!
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #69
RCC Addict

What Jojo said, welcome. I may not contribute as much info as I use, but I would still like to thank you for doing the research beforehand. People are generally helpful but when they have to answer the same basic questions repeatedly, they get irritated. Don't forget to start up a build thread with pics and info for the next guy.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowDemon View Post
welcome to the creeper crew , great choice on going with the creeper
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote