Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Venom transmission gears TROUBLE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #1

Default Venom transmission gears TROUBLE

Hey guys! Is anyone else having trouble with keeping the transmission gears alive? Now, I know that I'm running a hard setup but my buddy with an axial has the same setup. I'm running a 27t hpi saturn that was a take out of my wheely king with a 7 cell battery and a novak rooster crawler. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems. I do drive it kinda hard in the sand, but It gets it alot easier in the rocks. My only problem has been with the transmission, and breaking spider gears. Other than that I love this thing and have had it for a year.
BIGGREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Yashua

well the 27T is kinda wild , but you did'nt say what kind of trouble with the tranny.
if your eating up the spur gear its probally the mesh.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #3

The spur gear was in good shape off the pinion side, its all of the other gears. I'm gonna switch to either a 45t or 35t hand wound.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

im running a integy 35t in mine with no problems
freakofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

If your running it in the sand and dont have the Trans plug you could be getting dirt and sand in there. My suggestion would be tear the trans down and the axles, and clean and GREASE the hell outta it, make or buy the Trans plug to keep dirt out! also check your gear mesh is good. and drive axles, make sure everything is WELL greased, it never hurts to over grease things. Iv had my creeper for a while now and never had a problem. previous owner didnt grease things well and it sounded hard and sluggish when i got it, tore everything down re greased it and never had a problem since.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #6

iv had my creeper for about two years and been running novak goat system 18.5 13 pinion list to big to mention and iv gone through about three tranny gear sets and three housings so there is a slight problem with the gears but what iv came to realize is that its not the gears its the tran housing the pins get slop in it and then the gears go out so im trying to get some one to make a aluminum housing and gears but its to much money and venom will not give me the specs on the tranny so thats my two cents
burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #7

Thanks guys! Yeah Burner, thats what is happening to mine. I have a plug and everything is keep well greased and clean. Maybe an axial trans is in my future.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #8

Wow it happened to me a couple days ago. I found very big noise from my rig while I was climbing on the rocks. After I put my ears close to my rig I figured it out its from tranny. Then I tear it apart and found my spur gear is worn out. I ordered 3 of them for backup.
gundamalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #9

My friend runs a Creeper and had trouble with his as well, the thin aluminum part on the front of the tranny where the motor mounts up wouldnt let the motor stay tight and would work its way out of mesh and wad up. He ended up taking that piece out and hasnt had trouble since.

The lower left piece is the part Im talking about.
Byro is offline   Reply With Quote