Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Should I?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Should I?????

Hey Guys, I am very new to this forum. I was just wondering everybody's thoughts on the creeper kit. I really like the Venom because it is cheap and from what i can see it is a very capable crawler. I was also wondering if you guys would think i was stupid to use this as my ESC.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...=0CJIBEPMCMAg#

If so what should i use?

For my motor i was thinking about the Venom Fireball 55t.

And for my reciever/ Controller a FlySky Gt2

So i just want to know what you guys think of the creeper and the electronics i am thinking about using?

VenomCreeper987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I burned one up in about 20 mins on a 17 turn and a 7 cell
klabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yeah i burned one up the same way. not really a good ESC. id go with an Traxxas XL-5 esc and a 45t integy motor.

Venom motors are crap IMO i burned one up with in a month. and i take care of all my stuff cuz i dont want to buy more lol.

But a creeper is a great first crawler, Mine crawled all over an axial ax10 and its bone stock! just when your putting it together use grease and a few free mods listed on this site and its good to go.

Last edited by Twiztid Metal; 03-01-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If you have the time & $$ to experiment, go try it and post results.
If you have no time & no $$, stick with proven items, especially those that others here can support/answer questions on.

Being a "front runner/innovater" is not bad, but it can be time & money consuming.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i have a fxr with a cc bec and a integy 35t motor in my kids truck and it runs good with no problems
freakofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Default Ok....

Thanks Guys, I can't spend any more than 200 so i am on a budget, but i do have time. Anybody else got anything to say?
Old 03-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

rpp has the fxr with a 35t for 119.99 and also with a 45t for the same price and you will need a hotwire to make programing it easier n rpp has it for like 34.99 with a grand total of 154.98 before shipping
freakofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Default Ok...

So u guys who dont like the creeper, what do you recomend? Rtr or kit, but altogether it cant be more than $250
Old 03-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Probably not going to get many here that don't like thier creepers. All in all, excellent shafty. Many upgrades and IMO, the people on this section are the MOST HELPFUL group you will ever find. If the answer to your question isn't already on here, you will get at least twenty people chime in to help. Sometimes, the "service" after the sale is worth more than going with something that everyone says is better. Just my .02!
zukdogz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Default Ok...

Thanks so much. Thats really what i was looking for! Some people say dont get it, get an axial. But for the money i personally think it seems unbeatable. What do you think of putting a dynamite tazer15t esc in it? How about the fireball 55t for the motor?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Default So...

What does everyone think of the 1/8th scale Integy iRock 4x4 compared to the Venom? I am not worried about the size. How does the dual motor work?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Novak Rooster Novak Rooster 55t motor for under 100 dollors
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZRY8&P=7
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I run the Novak Rooster ESC and the Novak 55t motor. They work great. I also use the FlySky 2.4ghz controller and receiver it is surprisingly awesome! You cant beat the price!
punishermustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

to resay what other people have said, the creeper is a great rig. theres a lot of haters out there, also peeps with biased opinions. one of best things that ive heard/been complimented on is by a VERY axial biased person. it was at the last local comp and the guys rig was down due to battery and servo failure. ive been running with this guy for a year. he asked if he could use my creeper. i let him and at the end of the day (after moping the floor with me) he said thats a good setup. this is coming from a guy who has comped on a national level...one thing the creeper lacks is the aftermarket support. but theres a few peeps and a couple of companies that support the creeper. hot racing, rmdw, rcbros is getting into the scene, a/b designs...

as for comparing the integy super to the creeper. its like comparing a apple to a onion. they both have the same shape but are 2 different setups. as for having 2 motors, moa (motor on axle) theres some benefits to that. the weight is down low. you draw less power from the battery...a big down fall is what they call "clod stall". thats when one axle binds up and all the power goes to the other axle...

another rig you may want to look into if your on a budget is the exceed maxstone 10. http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/110th-ex...37f2b8425b5c92. they are the chineese axial. alot of the parts are interchangeable (exterior). they do do have problems out of the box, tires are rock hard, need to take stuff off the axles. but with some tweaking they can be good crawlers. alot of the info that rmdw put in to the t's and t's sticky can be used on any shafty...
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crawler, creeper, venom