Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: HB rover tires.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 05:42 AM   #1

Question HB rover tires.....

i have just purchased hb rover tires are they worth gettting...
cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Yeah they are awesome
Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
RCC Addict

no DU
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
RCC Addict

question is are what compond are they. i have the blue and i deff need to upgrade to the whites
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Yashua

WHITE DOTS PERIOD.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
ion
Quarry Creeper

There is a reason that everyone uses white dot rovers. they are flat out one of the stickier tires out there. little bit of info, the axial 2.2 ripsaw tire is made by hb, same compound as the rovers.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
RCC Addict

i did not know that cool to know and IMO i like the sedonas better

they can turn up hill and the rovers dont do that as well
Old 04-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

How a tire/wheel combo handles the terrain its on depends on a lot of things. Weight distribution, spring/shock set up, sprung/unsprung weight, castor, camber, toe in, weight, roll center just to name most..... its not just a matter of throwing on the stickiest tire.....you have to tune the entire rig for the tire it has.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
RCC Addict

yea, i dont know if it makes a difference but every thing that i have gone off of was for the rover whites but im running blues and im starting to notice the rig is have a hardtime getting traction. in my rig the front wheels weight 18.95oz witch compered to the rear wheels. is just about 10.55oz more (im running mayhem live weight wheels so) each front wheels weight in at just about 35oz. and i have 8.4oz in the rear (weight of wheels alone) and both rear corners weight in at about 22-25oz.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
WHITE DOTS PERIOD.
+1...at least for North American courses.....there may be some courses when other tire compounds will work better.

But hey, that is what the regional forums are for!!
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
yea, i dont know if it makes a difference but every thing that i have gone off of was for the rover whites but im running blues and im starting to notice the rig is have a hardtime getting traction. in my rig the front wheels weight 18.95oz witch compered to the rear wheels. is just about 10.55oz more (im running mayhem live weight wheels so) each front wheels weight in at just about 35oz. and i have 8.4oz in the rear (weight of wheels alone) and both rear corners weight in at about 22-25oz.
Its no wonder the Blue dots arent getting any traction bro....a 1/4 of the weight on Whites would make everything last longer...I mean...do you realize that your wheels and tires alone weigh more than my whole rig...What are you using to weigh your parts/rig?
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Its no wonder the Blue dots arent getting any traction bro....a 1/4 of the weight on Whites would make everything last longer...I mean...do you realize that your wheels and tires alone weigh more than my whole rig...What are you using to weigh your parts/rig?
Dooohhhhhh...good catch. My 2.2 Bully rig, complete & ready to run is just over 6lbs, or about 96oz!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #13

Quote:
question is are what compond are they. i have the blue and i deff need to upgrade to the whites
white compuond...
Old 04-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post

im using just a simple 2 pound scale. they are the same as the ones that slegrig is using. the thing is when i say that the front corner is at 35oz i mean it with all the weight of my battery and servo on it. but the thing is when i do the math it says that i have a 60/40 weight bias. one thing you have to remember is that my wheels alone wieght in at 8.4oz with no tires, and all the beedlock rings and all hardware used. one thing that i can do is take out the 6ballbearings in the front witch weight in at 2.55oz. that will make each front wheel alone weight in at 16.4oz and will litten up my fro nt axle by 5.1oz.

Last edited by venomcrawlerdud; 04-16-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The thing is when i say that the front corner is at 35oz i mean it with all the weight of my battery and servo on it.
Sigh, I believe we all thought you were talking the weight of the wheel, not the "corner"!!

While the front/rear bias is important, total weight also impacts tire & foam choice.
Some are having this issue with the 2.2 Bully's, they are getting so light that all their foams are having issues because there is not enough weight. What works on a 6.3lb rig may not work (or work well) on a 5.3lb rig.

Same goes for Creepers.

Side note, when you weigh, make sure the other wheels are at about the same level as the wheels being weighed. This makes for a more accurate weight.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #16
RCC Addict

well im waiting on some new parts from a couple of different venders (RMDW, Venom Racing, HPI Racing, and Castle Creations) this should give me some thing to do. i know one thing is that i can take out the 6 ball bearings ouyt of the front wheels and that will bring the over all weight of just the wheel down to 16.4oz and will litten up my front end by 5.1oz
Old 04-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

im running pink dot rovers in front, whites in rear.
gerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:53 AM   #18

White all round....
Old 04-19-2011, 06:13 AM   #19
RCC Addict

some of the best tires for the US are rover whites, white sedonas, g8 chisels, i think red boss class, and panther leopards
Old 08-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #20

I think you made a really good decission because thats what i have on mine and there great. the only problem that i have with them is not crawling but trying to make one look scale lol that look nothing to scale because there to wide but rather than that then i love them good choice!!!
green venom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creeper, rover, tires, venom creeper