Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: CreationFab Delrin tubes! Put XR shafts AND AX10 R&P in your axle...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default CreationFab Delrin tubes! Put XR shafts AND AX10 R&P in your axle...

I had BuckImod contact me about doing some tubes for the venom axles. He also wanted me to figure out a way for him to install AX10 Ring and pinions into the housing. The locker in the venom axle wouldnt mate right to the universal shaft to begin with, so I figured it would be best to engineer a tube that made it possible for an Axial locker/ring/pinion to drop in, and for XR10 universals/chubs/knuckles to be installed as well.

Please note, the stock carrier for the ring gear on the axial, will NOT fit in the housing. I have a few HR steel lockers that do, because they are smaller in diameter. So you will need to upgrade to these if you want to run axial stuff

Why do you want to run XR10 universals/chubs/knuckle and locker/ring/pinion? Because the XR10 universals/chubs/knuckle will be stronger, widen your stance in the front, and give you way more steering. The benefit of the axial locker/ring/pinion, is that you can now run the over/under drive gear sets axial has out, for better handling.

This setup will make a creeper axle a competitive sportsman option now.

I am still working on getting the tubes mounted up in the axle, and shims for the rear.

Stay tuned.... More info coming

---And for those who havent seen this mod done in the AX10 axles, see this thread(post 1 and 2):

CreationFab Delrin AX10 Tubes =NEW STYLES= *NOW TAKING ORDERS*

These are the first proto-types, so dont mind the cosmetics. I as going for the proper dimensions in the right places

Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: CreationFab Delrin tubes! Put XR shafts AND AX10 R&P in your axle...

Very Nice Chris,thats what I had envisioned!
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: CreationFab Delrin tubes! Put XR shafts AND AX10 R&P in your axle...

Cool idea always cool to see more parts. But besides the under/over gears I really don't see a reason for it. The creeper axles are already very durable. Would make more sense to design a carrier/spool for the axial ring and pinion to work in there.
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I remember asking you about this awhile ago and nothing ever came of it...I figured you werent interested. As long as more options are available for the masses its all good.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 07-29-2012 at 09:56 AM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Good thing ya said, a competitive sportsmans rig,...... Cause my little ole paradox'd Creeper, crawls with an out crawls xr-10's now.. I run comps with em an against em.. I like it! Great looking way to do od/ud! Will it come as just that option an not turning it into the xr-10 mod? I only ask cause it creates problems with me bta an ota steering.. not given that up...... Maybe its just time for Creeper #2.. keep up the great work!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I remember asking you about this awhile ago and nothing ever came of it...I figured you werent interested. As long as more options are available for the masses its all good.
I was interested, but just was busy. buckImod wanted to send me the axle right away so I had it right in front of me to work on.

On to the pics. Sorry it took me so long. Been trying to get caught up, and finally finished it up today after some family left.

I noticed that there was a pin on the front side of the housing where the diff lock was, so I added in a hole to clear it

Not I had to cut the stock chub ears off:

Once that was done, I installed them into the housing. See how the shims built into the tubes keep the locker centered. Remember, you will have to use the Hot Racing locker in order for this mod to work found in the below link

Hot Racing Unibody SHD Differential Locker AX10 SCX10 Wraith #SCP125R *-*Driveline Parts: Axles and axle parts*-*-By Truck: Axial AX10 Scorpion, SCX10, Honcho*-*The Crawlers Store LLC

Now I set the caster, and installed 4 3x6mm button head screws per side. Dis-regard the link I just put it on to see how much bend would be needed to run it under the pinion. I ran mine that way on my AX10 GC3 rig.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Nice work chris....glad to see these happening...is the pricing the same as the AX10 tubes?
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Looks good Chris!
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Nice work chris....glad to see these happening...is the pricing the same as the AX10 tubes?

They will probably be a little more because of how much extra time is involved to make them. Probably about 45 bucks. I will have to ponder it though. Once I figure out a price, I will post a thread in the vendors section, and put them on my site.

And for those who are wondering, I shimmed the diff 2.05mm on each side. So if you wanted to make your own shims,(or heck, I could make some) then you could rock an axial R&P/locker setup. The thicknesses on the flat for the axle is different however between the venom and the axial. So that will have to be dealt with.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Very nice work Chris! That makes for a very slick sporty axle!
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #11
RCC Addict

great great work chris!!! ive always been a fan of your work!
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

very nice! sick to see!
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

New payment form for those interested:

CreationFab Now Takes Trade In's!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #14
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

ordered some for the axr10 narrow mod a while back but not sure what happened?
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote

CreationFab Delrin tubes! Put XR shafts AND AX10 R&P in your axle... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CreationFab Delrin AX10 Tubes =NEW STYLES= *NOW TAKING ORDERS* Chris_The_Battery_Man Axles, Trannys, T-case 136 10-11-2015 10:48 PM
delrin axle tubes STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER Tamiya Clod Buster 4 10-19-2006 03:16 PM