Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Venom creeper help!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 02:59 AM   #1

Default Venom creeper help!!!

i have just recently just bought my self a venom safari creeper and i would like to just get more out of it,
1. what are the best upgrades for this rig mainly for just crawling and occasionally going out to the bush for some scale.
2. What is the best motor for this rig 35t,45t,50t,55t,60t for just the occasional crawl every week and would like just that little more speed for more scale in the mud and im currently using a stranded esc with a 7.2v ni-mh 4000mah battery.
3. Dont know if i wanna put the stranded venom creeper body or a traxxas summit body that im currently using with the role cage.

Thanks, Tom Revelly
trevely15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 04:18 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Venom creeper help!!!

Hi tom, check out Rmdw t an t's an the creeper wagon for better crawling, there are small mods with all the stock parts to get more out of ur creeper.. reading is huge an this is one of the best forums to learn from.. as far as motor for a mix is 45t an on top of that go lipo, its a HUGE diff in torque an wheel speed. My 50t just burnt up so I'm goin with a 45t but I'm looking to comp.. I have a friend that runs a 35t an has no problem crawling with me but has plenty of wheel speed for trail.. Prolly want to look for a diff esc, they make a big diff as in performance as well..

I was running a 15t Pinion on my 50t an happy with The wheel speed an great crawling.... I will be running the same on my 45t... With 3s The wheel speed was way plenty for trail, it went faster then I would walk down the road let alone the trail..

Last edited by winnerone23; 04-23-2012 at 02:31 PM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Welcome!,

Check out sticky thread 4 for the best information. I ran a 45t motor and a 19 tooth pinion gear and had great all around performance and good crawling perfromance. I'm currently running a 55t motor with a 19 tooth pinion and get better crawling but way less speed. I may need to try some different pinion sizes. For sure upgrade your speed controller! I'm using a Spectrum Dx3E radio and love it.
remmuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #4

ok thanks what about a 45t integy ( ithink thats what it is) and a stranded venom safari creeper esc ( water proof). Because im going to run a 10t steel pinion with a 45t spur gear so is that good for crawling and scaling, mostly crawling and going to run a 4500mah nimh battery because i dont have a w esc cause i drove threw salt water. so i just run a hsp brushed esc and i dont know if its lipo compatible so yea im just going to use the nimh.
what is the best weight oil for your shocks for just mainly crawling because i use 10wt and its got alot of sway and in tends to roll over alot due the weight of the oil. and i am running medium to hard springs.
Thanks..
Old 04-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #5
RCC Addict

You should be running a minimum of 30wt oil in those shocks. That may be an upgrade for you, the stock shocks suck, I used to have a creeper and have since sold it off but remember that much about it. Maybe mount them to the lower link mounts and then to the "scale" frame as well and get rid of the battery tray that puts the CG so high, especially considering you're running nimh.
ScaleFreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:38 AM   #6

ok thanks scalefreak. so were should i mount the battery and what weight do you recommend and i am running hsp rock crawler shock bodies on the back because the venom creeper ones split and leaked oil every wear and the shock cap seperated from it. Then i just put them on because the hsp sort of fell of a 20ft cliff and fell to its death so i just put them on it and they have never failed on me.
So i need a heavier weight oil, new battery mount.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Hi Tom, I ran the stock shocks for a bit an worked ok if you mount the top of the shocks to The top whole of the chassis.. lots of pics in .. wanting a winner.. build thread.. take the big heavy ends of the bat tray an go with velcrow to stick the bat to The top of the tray. I also cut the side rails of the tray.. With longer bolts you can mount the bottom of the shocks to the lower tabs. Pics of that also.. I could stand my creeper up on its side an it would stay there with this setup.. 6oz up front an 3oz in the rear wheels. As said I ran a 50t With a 15t Pinion an it was too slow for trail till I went lipo. 10t will be even slower an possible even not enough wheel speed for crawling. As far as a 45t integy, I just got mine mounted to The tranny last night an wired, I let you know how it works out tonight. I'll have pics up of that as well..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creeper, motor, summit, traxxas, venom

Venom creeper help!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
venom creeper build.....crusher's creeper crusher Venom Creeper 43 07-10-2012 05:12 AM
Venom Creeper? fulltime4x4 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 05-05-2010 06:58 AM