Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: venom creeper battery mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #1

Default venom creeper battery mount

Does anyone know of a better battery mount for the creeper to lower the center of gravity.
Im just using a 4500mah nimh battery and want to put it some were else because it flips over to easy.
thanks.
trevely15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #2

Default Re: venom creeper battery mount

I have my 4000mah 2S mounted on the rear upper links. I use STRC upper link electronics plates on the front and rear. On the front I have the esc, and on the rear is the battery. Works very well for me.
Dangerous Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevely15 View Post
Does anyone know of a better battery mount for the creeper to lower the center of gravity.
Im just using a 4500mah nimh battery and want to put it some were else because it flips over to easy.
thanks.
What are the dimensions of the battery you have?
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #4

a normal 6 cell nimh
how do you mount them on your upper links
trevely15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I had mine mounted to the top tray, I just modified it to drop wait when I ran my 6cell.

Depends on link an shock setup as well.

Also you can post all ur questions in one thread, you don't need to start a new thread for each question.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #6

I have a pair of 3s 1500's mounted to my front and rear steering servos. I have not had any problems with this.

dcgayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevely15 View Post
a normal 6 cell nimh
how do you mount them on your upper links
I would split the 6cell into a 3x3 saddle pack...and put it on the front axle on either side of the servo...
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgayhart View Post
I have a pair of 3s 1500's mounted to my front and rear steering servos. I have not had any problems with this.

i wanna know what kind of esc your running. i have yet to see a 1/10 esc that will work or fit in a crawler that can handle a 6s lipo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I would split the 6cell into a 3x3 saddle pack...and put it on the front axle on either side of the servo...

i would have gone with this for my crawler when i was running a stick pack but i'm not that good a soldering. but its definitely the best choice
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

hes wired both lipos up in parallel so the esc sees them as one 3s lipo both red wires from each lipo goes to the red wire on the esc, the black wires on each lipo go to the black wire on the esc, if he wired them in series the esc would see a 6s lipo and probably wouldnt like it .
perfictsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #10

esc that will fit and can handle up to 6s

Holmes Hobbies / Holmes Bikes :: Motor Speed Controllers :: Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL

wilthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:54 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Post Re: venom creeper battery mount

I found that splitting the nimh stick pack in half and putting one of each on either side of the chassis. To do this you must remove all of the covering, until you have two separate sticks, joined by the tab at one end, and the wires at the other. If the sticks of 3 cells have a cardboard or plastic sleeve over each, that is good. If not, you will have to wrap a thin layer of duct tape around the sticks to keep them rigid. Make it only as many layers as it has to be, they will need to as thin as possible. Remove the tab, and solder on a peice of wire to each end where the tab was. It should be about 20cm long (about 8 inches?). Secure both wire ends (plug and the new wire) to each end cell (to stop the solder from breaking if the wires are bent around), with electrical tape. Now, cable-tie them tightly against the outside of the chassis plates on either side, pulling up against the body posts. If you have not put too much tape on, they should fit inside the original body posts, with the clips on the outermost holes, and if your body holes are in the right place, it should conceal the batteries. Its not the best solution, and can cause a bit of body roll, but it is far better than the stock position if you cant afford a small lipo, or you dont have a lipo-compatible esc. I hope the instructions make sense, i dont have any photos to show. Happy modding!
Nzmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, creeper, nimh, safar, venom

venom creeper battery mount - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
venom creeper build.....crusher's creeper crusher Venom Creeper 43 07-10-2012 05:12 AM
BWD Modular Servo Mount/Battery Tray/Adjustable Upper Link Mount billet works HPI Wheely King 18 07-05-2010 10:52 AM
esc , motor & battery for venom creeper? aussietroy Electronics 1 01-17-2010 10:39 PM