Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: axle shafts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #1

Post axle shafts

Snapped front axle shaft in half at the ball. Any good replacements anyone has found? Or am I stuck with stock ? I no rc4wd had some nice cvds for them years ago but I cant find any if those anywhere .
xjchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: axle shafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjchase View Post
Snapped front axle shaft in half at the ball. Any good replacements anyone has found? Or am I stuck with stock ? I no rc4wd had some nice cvds for them years ago but I cant find any if those anywhere .
I don't know of any replacement ones that are plug and play.I've moded two long berg dog bone shafts and cups to work in the creeper diff,So far they have been bullit proof.
ratterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I recently bough some AR60 (Wraith) axle shafts off ebay. They are called Blitz axles and I am running them in a pretty powerful bouncer buggy with no problems yet. They don't have quite as much turn ability but it looks like they can be cut down and used in our venom axles. The shaft is about 4.24mm OD if I recall correctly so its possible that may cause an engagement issue as they aren't a full 5mm but I think they can work. I also have some scx10 axles and they fit perfectly right into the venom axle on the short side, but not the long side.

I'm finding venom axle shafts posted here every so often and am buying them, and since I have went back to brushed I have only been wearing stock shafts out, not breaking them so I have not actually tried the Blitz axles in my venom axles yet.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The stock axles only break because the "slot" in the ball of the inner axle isn't wide enough for the drive pin to freely rotate when at full lock. You can demonstrate this to yourself by disconnecting the driveshaft and turning the tire to full lock and then rotating it. Every 180* you'll feel it bind.

I've backed off my EPA's until I can find a small enough dremel bit to widen the slot a smidgen to relieve the binding and gain back all the steering.
meatmonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I am in need of a full set of two complete axle shafts for my new project creeper. Any one figure anything out? I found some replacement shafts but talk about expensive! I could just buy a complete scx10 axle for what they want for just shafts!
robn69 is offline   Reply With Quote