Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Vermont

Notices

Thread: "Shred the ledge", 10-11-14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: "Shred the ledge", 10-11-14

Is there a place to camp nearby? I maybe coming from Maine.
COORZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I'm not sure on "real" camping areas nearby, but from what I've heard this is kinda in the boonies near a worn down deer camp, and I don't think anyone would object if you wanted to set up a tent. I was planning on hanging a hammock between two trees for saturday night.

Not sure on the so-called hand winches. But IMO the best winch is making a loop with your tow strap that fits snugly around rougly 1/3 of your tire. Then hook the other end to whatever and wa-la, a functional, light weight, fast, wheel winch.

That said, I'm not planning on doing any winching. Just driving.

Since it's a cooperative type event, your most likely going to be using a tow strap, or a gentle "nudging" from your fellow drivers over a slow scale winch.

Oh, and 9000mah should literally be enough to run all day nonstop, depending on your throttle finger. If not, I have a DC charger I'm bringing, and a small inverter.

Still not sure if they mean a separate class for yetis/Twin hammers, or that they will run in two seperate classes. I'm all for comping against some Yetis with my Twin hammers.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #23
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I would love nothing more than to see a Twin Hammers spank a bunch of Yetis...
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
I'm not sure on "real" camping areas nearby, but from what I've heard this is kinda in the boonies near a worn down deer camp, and I don't think anyone would object if you wanted to set up a tent. I was planning on hanging a hammock between two trees for saturday night.

Not sure on the so-called hand winches. But IMO the best winch is making a loop with your tow strap that fits snugly around rougly 1/3 of your tire. Then hook the other end to whatever and wa-la, a functional, light weight, fast, wheel winch.

That said, I'm not planning on doing any winching. Just driving.

Since it's a cooperative type event, your most likely going to be using a tow strap, or a gentle "nudging" from your fellow drivers over a slow scale winch.

Oh, and 9000mah should literally be enough to run all day nonstop, depending on your throttle finger. If not, I have a DC charger I'm bringing, and a small inverter.

Still not sure if they mean a separate class for yetis/Twin hammers, or that they will run in two seperate classes. I'm all for comping against some Yetis with my Twin hammers.
Thanks for the tow rope idea. I will be scratching the hand winch idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I wont be able to go this year as I planned something else that week-end, but the guy who's planning it seems like a passionate fellow and since it's his last event of the year, I look forward to next spring! I'm on the south shore of Montreal, so Vermont isnt that far...and on our Canadian side, there isnt alot of events, so that might a chance for me to participate to a real event!!! and Vermont would be so nice at this time of the year!
rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #26

servo winch works awesome and i only have $40 into mine. Dont miss this comp this is going to be insane and there are some very sweet prizes that will be handed out. If you do come make sure to thank Trevor,Greg & Woody for there hard work and dedication. see ya there
BIKETROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:52 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

I agree usc has put a lot of hard work into this and there are a bunch of awesome people and sponsors for this event will be one not to miss
Tcp57fd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Buggy is ready. The Vermont woods are getting dark these days.

This will be my first comp and meeting my fellow Vermonters!

tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Apparently there is a night run Friday night, so I'll be headed up tommarow after work. Should arrive by about dark thirty.

And it just occurred to me that it is very likely that some people will be finishing the course in the dark if we don't start until 10AM (which is likely and optimistic start time). That's if there are about 25 "pairs" of trucks and leaving at 15 minute intervals.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Apparently there is a night run Friday night, so I'll be headed up tommarow after work. Should arrive by about dark thirty.

And it just occurred to me that it is very likely that some people will be finishing the course in the dark if we don't start until 10AM (which is likely and optimistic start time). That's if there are about 25 "pairs" of trucks and leaving at 15 minute intervals.

If there is less than 50 in the class..6 will leave every 15mins. More than 50...10 will leave every 15mins
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Oh, gotcha. For some reason I thought that drivers would be sent onto the course as pairs, not in larger quantities.

I hate traffic, even if it's 1/10 and not on a road. That just means I need to start first right?
Old 10-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Oh, gotcha. For some reason I thought that drivers would be sent onto the course as pairs, not in larger quantities.

I hate traffic, even if it's 1/10 and not on a road. That just means I need to start first right?

Yeah the traffic should make things interesting. Just gonna hafta full throttle it!! Haha
Old 10-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #33
Jus
I wanna be Dave

We just might have to push the traffic out of the way. Haha.

Better not finish in the dark, my honcho has no lights!
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #34
RCC Addict

I just fried my motor testing the water resistance... So I will not be there tomorrow. Bummer.

I was seeing how deep I could submerge, and no bueno.

Looking forward to the pics.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedo View Post
I just fried my motor testing the water resistance... So I will not be there tomorrow. Bummer.

Not cool!! I got a ae2 and a axial 27 turn you can borrow for the day
Old 10-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedo View Post

That's Toilet. I want to try mine out in the worst way. But I'm scarred I will break it. lol So I'm going trial by fire tomorrow. What ever happens, happens. I'm going to go have fun. Don't forget your bungees
Old 10-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802coma View Post
Not cool!! I got a ae2 and a axial 27 turn you can borrow for the day
Ah thanks for the offer. But I will have to pass. I do however think I am going back to brushed with this, since it's my dedicated crawler. I wish I never sold my BRXL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
That's Toilet. I want to try mine out in the worst way. But I'm scarred I will break it. lol So I'm going trial by fire tomorrow. What ever happens, happens. I'm going to go have fun. Don't forget your bungees
Yeah, I hear ya. I waterproofed my MMP and ROC 412 with corrosion x last winter and sealed everything with silicone. I always drove in water and splashed, but never fully submerged it until this week. I wanted to have it bullet proof for STL. I am glad it happened this week instead of 5 minutes into the run.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, I hear ya. I waterproofed my MMP and ROC 412 with corrosion x last winter and sealed everything with silicone. I always drove in water and splashed, but never fully submerged it until this week. I wanted to have it bullet proof for STL. I am glad it happened this week instead of 5 minutes into the run.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I conformal coated everything. Then I re assembled everything and then plastidiped it. But look at the bright side now you have a reason to mod it for next year.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Okay I wasn't gonna run my hh servo cause I really like to have a BEC in for it. But my weak no name servo is jumpy trying find center. I'm cleaning my pot now to see if that helps but if all else fails would I be okay running the hh servo with my BRXL on 2s?? Here is the lowest spec of the servo

6v 397oz
Old 10-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802coma View Post
Okay I wasn't gonna run my hh servo cause I really like to have a BEC in for it. But my weak no name servo is jumpy trying find center. I'm cleaning my pot now to see if that helps but if all else fails would I be okay running the hh servo with my BRXL on 2s?? Here is the lowest spec of the servo

6v 397oz
This is from HH website

TrailMaster BLS-HV 400 Servo

Features:

Alloy Case
Brushless High Voltage
24cm servo lead
2s Lipo compatible (8.4v max)
1 Year Warranty

Hope That Helps

"Shred the ledge", 10-11-14 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
"The Ledge" (not work safe; music) K_B Videos! 3 03-30-2007 06:00 PM