Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: more rocky beach

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 03:04 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default more rocky beach

sucks living in paradise.
nothing fancy, just some footage of Jaynen, Luis and myself at Royal Palms Beach in San Pedro, Ca. Couple others came also but left before we started shooting...lots of mechanical problems today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j86jjjSXXc
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

It looks like you have the suspension dead on now!!
If you look back at one of your first videos and then watch this one you will see a huge difference in the crawlability of this rig.
you have really stuck with this build and it shows !!! thanks for sharing!!
rcjeepbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

agreed on the crawlability...even the guys that I went out with commented on how well it crawls. Some of that is my improving driving but mostly (99%) is the shock issue getting sorted. I still think its not right, with the front of the chassis/body lifting so much when the front axle high centers (see my thread asking about this), but it is definitely working now. Was quite the frustrating experience and is still a bit of a work in progress. in the end I changed the top shock mounting point (added brackets), changed the shocks to TLT's and added weight to the wheels, which also helped the articulation and traction.

I appreciate your kind words. You have some amazing builds, from scratch no less. The topless d90 in particular was awesome. I'm new to this but getting my feet wet with other scale stuff now. The Rover build will benefit from all this new knowledge, and who would have guessed I'd end up making my own off-road lights, bungees, hilift jack and planning on some brazing...

This video is definitely not my best work, more pedestrian like the others. The last one however, Tragedy in Topanga" I consider my best work-in video, location and driving. That has become my new benchmark. I enjoy making the videos as much as the driving-trying to get the scale-ness of the rig is a challenge I enjoy.

Anyway, I'm babbling...Thanks to you and others here for being such inspirations.
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote