Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Robs Rad Rubicon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Robs Rad Rubicon

Ok, I dont know how Rad it is, but I did have an 80's theme in mind when I did the paint and bumpers.
This is my first RC crawler, and my first build. The frame is homebuilt. Let me know what you think! Oh, and the location is my front yard rockgarden that I landscaped with RC in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vppwT-x8sM
slobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 04:50 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Rockin

Looks like it crawls great! Enough articulation to get you through most anything.
Post some pics of your chassis and list of your build parts.
You have the suspension and body set up nice, so no trimming and wheel travel is close but doesn't rub the body...nice

What motor & gear ratio (pinion/spur) are you running? Motion and hum over rocks says something less then 35T?
A little more finess over obstacles comes with higher turn motor and/or pinion spur ratios.
Can you mount your batts lower or have you weighted the wheels to change the center of gravity?

Nice first build!
sweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the complement. Here is a link to my build thread.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...68#post1310468
But to save you from wading through that if you dont want to, Here is a picture of the chassis.

This was budget built using alot of parts I allready had wich is why It runs stick packs, and the motor is a Kyosho monster motor wich is, I believe, 27 turns. It is geared low though, with a 12t pinion and a 92t spur. It actually goes pretty slow, alot of the driving in the vidoe was done by my wife who wouldn't share and has a heavy trigger finger. I am thinking about getting a 35 or 55 turn motor, but I do like the wheel speed of this motor and gear set up. Hmmm. The battery is as low as a stick pack can be mounted in the front. I haven't put weight in the wheels yet wich will help alot. I am happy with how it performs. It took alot of planning to make the articulation work without hiting the un cut body without being sky high. It was worth it!

Last edited by slobert; 08-20-2008 at 10:29 AM.
slobert is offline   Reply With Quote