Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: A nice sunny day makes a good video!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default A nice sunny day makes a good video!!!!!!!!!!

This is my AX10. It has rear steer and is running on moabs. Everything is stock. This rig is two years old. The antenna has paino wire in it because I was so sick of plastic antennas snapping on me. It has self added RPM bumpers and RAM lights. It also has an underlighting kit, but it wasn't dark enough for that. Tell me what you think!

Last edited by tom tom; 07-21-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: redid video access
tom tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom tom View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O2kcq97ZOE

This is my AX10. It has rear steer and is running on moabs. Everything is stock. This rig is two years old. The antenna has paino wire in it because I was so sick of plastic antennas snapping on me. It has self added RPM bumpers and RAM lights. It also has an underlighting kit, but it wasn't dark enough for that. Tell me what you think!
Interesting song ...what is it???
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Cant help to notice was all tha area your back yard?......if it was,.
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadHunter View Post
Just one of the random songs YouTube allowed me to put on, because my original track had greenday and they blanked the whole video sound because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hermit View Post
Cant help to notice was all tha area your back yard?......if it was,.
Its a combination of my backyard, my side yard, my garden (half crawling course not yet assembled), the hill seperating mine and my neighbors property, and the large hills and the ravine are across the street in the subdivision being built. I love it
Old 05-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadHunter View Post

Trinity; 009 sound system
eron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:13 AM   #6

may I ask... What's up with the antenna wire?
TIMMAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMMAAY View Post
may I ask... What's up with the antenna wire?
I was sick of the plastic antenna tubes snapping when I rolled, so I got some rubber tubing and let it hang loose, but I wasn't getting good reception so I added metal wire and tried that out. The metal wire bends too easily, so it would bend all over the place. If I curl it, I still get good range while still having it under control when it rolls. It looks silly. I have piano wire on my Pajero and I think I will switch to that. Its hard to straighten out, yet harder to bend over. I just ran out of plastic antenna tubes so I am just tinkering with other options. And no, 2.4 gig is not an option for me at the moment.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #8

is your battery in the stock location? it seems a bit top heavy
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
is your battery in the stock location? it seems a bit top heavy
Yeah. I moved my reciever and esc to the axles, but I have a hefty NiCd in the stock location. I also have a servo spitter and LED lighting unit next to the battery. I would do something about it, but I don't have the money, and if you drove a truck like this in real life, you would expect it to be really really top heavy!
Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Yeah. I moved my reciever and esc to the axles, but I have a hefty NiCd in the stock location. I also have a servo spitter and LED lighting unit next to the battery. I would do something about it, but I don't have the money, and if you drove a truck like this in real life, you would expect it to be really really top heavy!
lol yea i guess...i made a custom battery mount for my lipo...it is too wide to go between the front tires so it sits about 1/8 inch above them. just as high as the stock location but it is up front and its a lipo so no where near as heavy
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
lol yea i guess...i made a custom battery mount for my lipo...it is too wide to go between the front tires so it sits about 1/8 inch above them. just as high as the stock location but it is up front and its a lipo so no where near as heavy
Yeah. Im going to be leaving soon in a couple months and won't be back to play with my toys for two years, and I don't have a decent budget to work with, otherwise I would play around with different setups and such.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Looks like you had a little of everything there!!!!! I really like the nose stand at the begining and the wood pile shot. Nice looking rig,,,where are you going for 2 yrs.......military? or jail,,,lol
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouser View Post
Looks like you had a little of everything there!!!!! I really like the nose stand at the begining and the wood pile shot. Nice looking rig,,,where are you going for 2 yrs.......military? or jail,,,lol
I do enjoy where I live. Thanks for the compilments Im serving a two year mission for my church.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I added some new goodies. I have a full set of front lights from RAM lights. I have an 'underlight' kit. I moved some weight down as well. I am going out for the rest of this week, and I will be in Sand Hallow, located in southern utah. Expect a new video or two. I will try to show some of the stuff I have done.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:55 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I added some new goodies. I have a full set of front lights from RAM lights. I have an 'underlight' kit. I moved some weight down as well. I am going out for the rest of this week, and I will be in Sand Hallow, located in southern utah. Expect a new video or two. I will try to show some of the stuff I have done.

Great video lots of diffrent terain looking foward to more vid's and good luck on your mission!
rockerrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

My motor seized up in the first five minutes of driving I already have a new one for it if I can't tear it apart and make it work again. Its an old old motor. I didn't get any video. It was overcast the whole time and whenever it wasn't being a dust storm I was wakeboarding.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

I think its about time for a new video. Finally got the thing up and running again. Think I will work out the kinks with the new drive system tomorrow, and why not shoot some video as well?

Last edited by tom tom; 06-17-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

I made all the videos embedded for easier viewing. Tell me when you are getting sick of them!
Old 07-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Great vid, but i agree with the funky antenna comment.
Dirty Hairball is offline   Reply With Quote