Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: My first comp! LCC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default My first comp! LCC

This is a video of my second course at my first comp. I got better as the day went on but i need to remember to use my dig in descents and i didn't quite understand what the "BOUNDARY" was. Guess i learned that one the hard way. Went back the next day and i could not the course with a good score.

http://www.vholdr.com/node/61797
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Great job
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #3

that was pretty darn good!
caspertheog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Thanks!

It is hard to get used to having to keep track of the points and time. You can hear Parker telling me not to touch my truck because of my points but i was not paying attention and grabbed it. I did that on two other courses. Doesn't help that i have to drive on Parker's courses!:-(
Old 01-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

nice work man. sure wish i could have been at that one. Parkers comps are always good
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Thanks!

Ya, i was really looking forward to the CCRC comp today. Looks like i have to wait until the 31st.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

looked good man gates didnt seem too bad on the video im sure they were though lol
KrawlerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

nice vid.

are all your gates that wide?

Our comps gates are 16" wide at nearly all times. it looks liek those are around 20 or so.
Kraqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

thats the first time i seen parker have a start up tree now i have truely seen everything. gd run, the more u run the better u'll get at keepin track of ur own pionts in ur head that way u know what u can do. do u have ur rear dig workin on ur rig if u do start usein it cause it could have help around that boundry marker on the side hill but damn gd run considering
catpwred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraqa View Post
nice vid.

are all your gates that wide?

Our comps gates are 16" wide at nearly all times. it looks liek those are around 20 or so.
Some gates are 16" but Parker sets up crazy courses, (from what i hear) I'm new to comps. The gates at the end of gate 6 were about 30" i would guess and no one cleared the gate all day. He was telling me the other day that his widest gate was about 6 1/2 feet and it gave people hell all day!!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpwred View Post
thats the first time i seen parker have a start up tree now i have truely seen everything. gd run, the more u run the better u'll get at keepin track of ur own pionts in ur head that way u know what u can do. do u have ur rear dig workin on ur rig if u do start usein it cause it could have help around that boundry marker on the side hill but damn gd run considering
Ya, he enjoyed telling everyone to "Ride his Shaft"!

My dig works:-( I did so good at all of the practice comps but in the real thing i just got nervous i guess. More practice, i'm hooked

I went bad with Parker and ran the course for practice two days later and Killed the course! Very frustrating!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
Ya, he enjoyed telling everyone to "Ride his Shaft"!

My dig works:-( I did so good at all of the practice comps but in the real thing i just got nervous i guess. More practice, i'm hooked

I went bad with Parker and ran the course for practice two days later and Killed the course! Very frustrating!
i've been comping for a yr and i still get nervous for some unknow reason. and usally when ur on the clock it doesn't work like it does when ur not on the clock. keep drivein everything else will fall into place but that's just my .02
catpwred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Wow, what a place! I wanted to ask you though: what sort of video camera is that that your video guy is using? I can see that the video is on a site called "ContourHD," but the site seems lacking on information of their products, or even mention of the particular product used in each video (some of the others are lower quality, etc.).

I ask because I've been spending some time recently looking for a small HD videocam for my own shenanigans!
dreadshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadshawn View Post
Wow, what a place! I wanted to ask you though: what sort of video camera is that that your video guy is using? I can see that the video is on a site called "ContourHD," but the site seems lacking on information of their products, or even mention of the particular product used in each video (some of the others are lower quality, etc.).

I ask because I've been spending some time recently looking for a small HD videocam for my own shenanigans!
I can ask him. I think he is sponsored by them. He has two of them set up together on a mount so it will film in 3D. The video was supposed to be 3D but one of the cameras set in high res and the other in low res. So he can't put them together in 3D. He has some other skiing videos in 3D and they are sweet!

Oh, they are helmet cams by the way. Not sure if you knew that or not.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Nice video Jeremy. That course was a blast! Didnt he film you running Cole and jeremy's courses also?
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #16
Y-Town Crawlers

cool video! That course looks like fun
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
Nice video Jeremy. That course was a blast! Didnt he film you running Cole and jeremy's courses also?
Thanks! All of the courses were fun! I can't wait till the next one.

No, only that course. I think he is going to try and make it to the next comp and film it in 3D. So find a set of 3D glasses! And don't steel them from Cole, ask nicely if you may please barrow them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
cool video! That course looks like fun
Thanks! I can't wait to finish one.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadshawn View Post

He is using the ContourHD1080p.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #19
RCC Addict

very nice Jeremy, wish i could have went to that one, looked cool with all the fog
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote