Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Comp Tire testing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Personally I think it is to close to call each one shows some advantage here or there but it's almost impossible at least for me to see much of a difference one way or the other and thats after watching both videos multiple times great work Joe.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoldlevi View Post
First of all great videos and driving!!!!! I noticed that you are running slws in the rear with the panthers, is that a lighter set up than the sedonas? The side by side video comparison like harvo suggested makes it look like a close call but the sedonas looked a little better. You said you liked the panthers better, what is the reason? Are you running the same foams and what are you using? Sorry for all the Queastions Just trying to pick you brain a little because mine seems to be getting a little foggy with all with all of the options and possabilitys Thanks
Both sets are on SLW's in the back just one set is black.With that said the Sedonas are heavier than the leopards,a little over a ounce each.
I just like the panther tire I guess.The Sedona has a couple of things i do not like mainly the big side lugs,and if they get hooked they are hooked.The Panther I can get to brake loose easier.But with everything said at the end of the day both tires are great and the Sedona will last longer.Its just what you like to drive there is not enough difference between the two for the tire to make the choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Pretty sure that wasn't a compliment *

It's nice to see a comparison on the same lines to be able to see actual differences for a change Nice work Joe.
and thank you sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
First off great vids and great driving joe
I'm gonna have to agree with the rest of the guys the sedonas on a line for line view seemed to always out do those leopards.....from my own testing I notice the sedonas do take a different drive style then the panthers...one thing I really liked about the panthers was they seem to "unwad" alot easier then the sedonas when bound up in the cracks...

anyway great test vids I love opening two screens and watching side by side
5 star rating tech for sure!!
They do take a different driving style for sure.
The leopard will come out of stuff that the Sedona wont turn loose of.
But I guess everything has a trade off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Personally I think it is to close to call each one shows some advantage here or there but it's almost impossible at least for me to see much of a difference one way or the other and thats after watching both videos multiple times great work Joe.
I agree it just comes down to which tire you fell more comfortable with. 99% of the time both tires are going to end up in the same place at the top of the climb.
Both tires will get the job done.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #23
jwo
Rock Crawler

i like both vids, both tires seemed to quite well. awesome driving. i loved the part where you jumped the ledge. that was wicked. made me laugh.
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #24
RCC Addict

now with about a mounth give or take with both tires witch set u like better
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Looked like the Sedonas had a little bit better break over due to ground clearance. I think the sedonas with the foams from the leopards. the leopards seemed like they rolled over a little less. great driving none the less/.
Super Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #26

Awesome videos. I am trying to select a tire for my crawler and right now I am leaning towards the sedonas. Thanks for posting this.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #27

Awesome. You should come to center hill lake. I want my Sedonas now!
prairieshaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

how much different are these two compared to the rovers or have you noticed? looking at trying something different from my rovers.
Grimreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreeper View Post
how much different are these two compared to the rovers or have you noticed? looking at trying something different from my rovers.
thats a good ? im rning rovers now aswell and am looking for something if theres something better if its to close ill stay with what i have
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

i dont no about the hr tires but the leps will get better as the break in alil an work better. an if u do eddies trick to them they really hook well
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Great camera work, and driving. Im with the rest, I think the Sedona's took less effort to pull the same lines.
I'm with him.
KRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:36 AM   #32

ive only tried the leapards but a lot of people have been pleased with the sedonas
chatt town peyt is offline   Reply With Quote