Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: ( VIDEOS ) Thrashing my SCX 10 Honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default ( VIDEOS ) Thrashing my SCX 10 Honcho

I started the hobby with a Trail Finder...went to Nitro and am back after selling everything else with an Axial Honcho. Truck is stock except for an XL-5 Traxxas ECM and Spektrum DX3E reciever and controller. I have a 645 Servo ready to go in when I blow the stocker apart. I've got a Novak 55T (black can) on the way. I'm not sure how much I'll like losing speed for crawling ability but for 25 bucks I figured WTH why not.

Power is by either a 6 cell NiMh 3000mah mounted in its oem spot, and I also run a 3s 2100mah Lipo.

The truck is alot quicker with the Lipo but not neccessarily better. Just faster...and maybe a bit more torque. I run both batteries on the truck for added weight. the Lipo stays mounted under the honcho fuel tank and tire. I cut a hole in the back of the lexan cab and ran the lip wires through. The tire holds the battery down solid and it is a nice added bit of weight until I get my axial wheel weights in from RPP.

Anyhow, here are a few video shots. I'm planning on putting neat video together at some point when I get to a computer that is fast enough to do video editing LOL.

Rock crawling:

Rocks vs Honcho:

WOT Rock Crawling.....lol:

Trying a wet, muddy, slipper log crossing:

Rock Crawling:

Last edited by rngrchad; 02-20-2011 at 07:43 PM.
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #2

cool vids. that's a nice spot. we have a spot similar where our club crawls.
cadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thanks. It's just a few minute walk from my parents place.....so it works out nice. I'm gonna have to buy a crawler at some point...but gotta finish my hilux body for this scx 10 soon. I'm get'n my bash'n out of the way cause I dont think the hilux body could put up with this kind of abuse......a 55t ought to keep me from get'n too crazy with the throttle LOL
Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #4

did you put a faster motor in that? it seems kinda fast for a honcho
jimmyjet92@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjet92@yahoo.com View Post
did you put a faster motor in that? it seems kinda fast for a honcho

Not in these videos it was running the stocker 27 turn Axial. It is kinda quick. I have a Novak 55 going in this weekend and I'm afraid it's gonna be too slow...I'm anxious to try it out with my new wheel weights.

It might look fast cause I was really honing on the throttle servo and it's running on 3S Venom Lipo's. With the LIPO it is is runnin at 12 volts rather than the NimH 7.2 so it's almost twice as fast with lipo batts.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
No idea what I'm doing

That first video looks just like my Top Secret testing grounds...Under the bridge by the Left Hand Brewing Company!
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:41 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
That first video looks just like my Top Secret testing grounds...Under the bridge by the Left Hand Brewing Company!
I have to get me some of that "left hand brew"

Does operating rc's while intoxicated usually lead to broken driveshafts and blown axles?I always have a tendancy to really smash on the skinny pedal in a 1:1 when I'm drunk

I am now officially running the Novak 55 (black can). Yes, this motor is slow, but powerful. It is unfortunately really loud and "clicky" sounding....seems weird to me but it sure runs great. It's just a lot louder than my stocker 27t. I've tried setting the mesh up tight, loose, in between but the motor still seems a lil loud. Oh well it pulls nicely.

Last edited by rngrchad; 02-26-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Nice crawling spot. Don't worry about slow. The torque is the key to crawling. When you do trail rides through the fast motor back in.
arcticjeff is offline   Reply With Quote