Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Crawler Innovations You Tube Channel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #161
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: Crawler Innovations You Tube Channel

My 16 year old son, Gavin Ayala created this video for Crawler Innovations. Gavin filmed it, edited it, and created the metal bumpers on both the 10.2 and TRX4 rc vehicles in this video. In some ways, this video has been 16 years in the making. For those not familiar with my son Gavin, he has been driving hobby grade rc cars since 2 years old. At 8 years old he competed at the 2010 United States Radio Controlled Crawler Association National Championship in Disney, Oklahoma where he finished 52 out of 100 drivers in the 2.2 Pro RC Rock Crawler Class. That was after he had earned his invite to compete in the championship through the LCQ or Last Chance Qualifier earlier that week.

Bringing the timeline up to 2017, Gavin taught himself to TIG weld. His Axial SCX10.2 Cherokee kit that he assembled in October of 2016 became his canvas. My Traxxas TRX4 was in need of strengthening as well. Gavin is coming up on one year of TIG welding now and both of these vehicles have changed considerably since the filming of this video in 2017. Gavin's skill in TIG welding, as well as design continue to improve and he has started his own RC Chassis company named "Ayala Metal Works." Crawler Innovations has several new builds under construction with Ayala Metal Works. As those builds are completed, I will film a build break down video to add to the CI series.

Technical Specs on the two RC's in this video:
Axial SCX10.2 Kit (assembled in October 2016)
Vanquish Products Currie Rock Jock Axles
Vanquish Products OMF 1.9 Bead locks wheels
Pitbull Tires 1.9 Rock Beast
Crawler Innovations 4.50" Lil' Nova Foams, P/N CWR-2025 Front, CWR-2026 Rear; Comp Cut Inner w/ Medium Outer front / Firm Outer rear
Tekin Racing 13.5 Motor
Castle Creations One Cell MMP ESC
Castle Creations BEC
Hitec 7954 Servo

Traxxas TRX4 (acquired in May 2017)
Crawler Innovations Front Electronics Tray; P/N; CWR-5015
Vanquish Products KMC 1.9 Bead locks wheels
RC4WD Cut N Shut 1.9 Mickey Thompson Tires
Crawler Innovations 4.50" Lil' Nova Foams, P/N CWR-2025 Front, CWR-2026 Rear; Comp Cut Inner w/ Medium Outer front / Firm Outer rear
Tekin Racing 13.5 Motor
Castle Creations One Cell MMP ESC
Castle Creations BEC
Hitec 7954 Servo
Locked rear axle, selectable front, two speed functional

#1 source for RC Crawler Info:
www.rccrawler.com/forum

Crawler Innovations Web Store:
RC Crawler Foams, Rock Crawler Foams, Tires and More by Crawler Innovations

Thank you for reading, watching, and your time today.

Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #162
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

A long overdue build break down on the Blue Torch Jeep.

Link to the original build thread:
eggbbert DmG's Blue Tourch

Old 07-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #163
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default a TRX4 w/ Rock Beast XL's; Forty One; and a baby skunk

Gavin and I headed out to the rock garden for an evening of drive time when we noticed a new resident. Apparently a baby skunk has made a home for itself in the rock garden. I personally have never seen a skunk this small, especially in the "wild". This little animal is so cute, and had a small swarm of flies following it everywhere. It reminded me of the cartoon character "pigpen" from the Peanuts Series.

The Traxxas TRX4 in the video is pretty much stock. The few changes it does have are a 35T hand wound brushed motor, Castle Creations ESC, Hitec Servo, Crawler Innovations front electronics tray which has a servo winch mounted P/N CWR-5015;
Traxxas TRX4 Front Electronics Tray - Crawler Innovations
The TRX4 is running a 3S lipo in the stock battery location.
The 1.9 bead locks are Incision Method MR307 in black:
Incision Method 1.9 MR307 Black Anodized - Vanquish Products
The tires are Pitbull Tires 1.9 Rock Beast XL's:
https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pbtpb9011nk.htm

Wanting to test a different foam set up on the TRX4 with XL height tires, here is the combo used in the video; Front Pair, Lil Nova 4.50 Comp Cut Inner with Medium Outer and the medium outer tuning ring installed, P/N CWR-2025.
Lil' Nova Dual Stage 4.50
Rear Pair, Lil Nova 4.75 Comp Cut Inner with Soft Outer and the soft outer tuning ring installed, P/N CWR-2034.
Lil' Nova Dual Stage 4.75
I was impressed with how this set up performed. These are New tires and New foams, used bead locks, and there first run on the rocks. Usually it takes 5 battery packs to set the tires and foams, but this combo worked well immediately and will only get better as it breaks in. The TRX4 weighs 8 pounds 7 ounces in this video or roughly 3.94 Kilos.

Also making an appearance in this video is the custom build "Forty One", link here:
"Forty One" by Ayala Metal Works for Crawler Innovations; 1.9 Ultra4

Thank you for watching, liking & subscribing.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:25 AM   #164
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This is the first video for the 2.2 competition 4x4 build named, "The Formula". Edmundo Ayala of Crawler Innovations built this custom remote control competition rock crawler to compete in the Activated Outlaw Competition Series. This custom build features a Y Town Crawlers carbon fiber "Sporticus" chassis, Dlux Fab AR44 based SSDLUX custom axles with 8mm axle shafts, Hulksta carbon fiber "left skinny" transmission with titanium shaft and hardened Axial Racing XR10 gears, Vanquish Products titanium links, Traxxas 3.5" big bore modded shocks, Crawler Innovations 6 Bolt Wheels P/N CWR-5003; Cut N Shut Ottsix Voodoo pins in the silver compound, Crawler Innovations Double Deuce Foams, Hitec steering servo, Castle Creation BEC wired to power only the servo, it will run on either 3S or 4S lipo.

Link to complete build thread on RCCrawler Forum:

"The Formula", a CI built; SSDLUX axle'd; Y Town Sporticus chassis; Activated Outlaw

Old 11-06-2018, 10:17 AM   #165
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

On course with The Formula @ the Rock Bowl

The second video for The Formula:

Old 11-06-2018, 11:01 AM   #166
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This is the third video for The Formula. In this video The Formula is run in the opposite direction of the same course in the 2nd video. This was done completely on a whim, so some of the gates were actually not possible and The Formula is driven over the gate so that the course could be completed.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #167

amazing build and results
kbclamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #168
Quarry Creeper

You should make a video about those two new cell bock's. They look great.
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:28 AM   #169
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbclamper View Post
amazing build and results

Thank you for your kind words and post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
You should make a video about those two new cell bock's. They look great.

I'm pleased you like the new Cell Block configurations. Thank you for your feedback. I do have several new videos planned. They are currently on hold while I construct a studio. I will be making more videos in 2019.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:28 AM   #170
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I (Edmundo Ayala) built this 2.2 competition rc crawler in May of 2012. I used it to compete in the TXRCRCA series, and finished in the top four in the state of Texas and earned an invitation to the USRCCA World Championship that year. The chassis is a Y Town Crawlers Secret Agent in carbon fiber, with custom titanium links, with lots of #vanquishproducts parts to make the Axial XR10 axles durable. The build thread for this vehicle is located on the RCCrawler forum, linked below:
--- The Crawler Innovations XR-10 Build --
I passed this crawler on to my son (Gavin Ayala) several years ago and he created this video recently. Gavin did the driving, filming and editing for this video.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:03 AM   #171
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This is the first video of the Ayala Metal Works built "Forty One" rc crawler. This video will serve as a baseline, not the completed version of Forty One. After this video was filmed, Gavin made changes to Forty One which will be seen in the following series of videos for this build.

The set up for Forty One in this video included a 2500KV Tekin Racing Pro4HD motor, Castle Creations One Cell ESC and CC BEC, on 4S Lipo. Hitec steering servo. Both axles are Vanquish Products Curries and have standard VP AR44 gear sets. The tires are 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast, the foams are Crawler Innovations 4.50" Lil Nova P/N; CWR-2025 in front with Deuces Wild in the rear; P/N; CWR-3001 The 1.9 bead lock wheels are Vanquish Products.

Build thread for Forty One;

Video credits;
Driver: Edmundo Ayala
Filmer: Gavin Ayala
Editor: Gavin Ayala
Builder of Forty One: Gavin Ayala

#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw

Old 12-04-2018, 11:33 AM   #172
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This is the second video of the Ayala Metal Works built "Forty One" rc crawler. Changes made to Forty One for this video include a new motor pinion for more gear reduction, adjustments to the Castle Creations ESC programming, and changes to the Traxxas Big Bore rear shocks.

The set up for Forty One in this video included a 2500KV Tekin Racing Pro4HD motor, Castle Creations One Cell ESC and CC BEC, on 4S Lipo. Hitec steering servo. Both axles are Vanquish Products Curries and have standard VP AR44 gear sets. The tires are 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast, the foams are Crawler Innovations 4.50" Lil Nova P/N; CWR-2025 in front with Deuces Wild in the rear; P/N; CWR-3001 The 1.9 bead lock wheels are Vanquish Products.

Video credits;
Driver: Edmundo Ayala
Builder of Forty One: Gavin Ayala

Build thread link:

Old 12-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #173
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

The build up of this rc crawler began in April of 2013. The axles are customized Kyosho Twin Force or Mad Force straight axles that have been heavily modified. The Kyosho twin force was the electric dual motor transmission version, while the Mad Force was the nitro version. This rc vehicle features many rare and custom parts from Super Shafty. It uses an Axial transmission. The chassis is carbon fiber. The rims are Crawler Innovations 6 Bolt Wheels in the 1" width (P/N; CWR-5003); the tires are narrowed Hot Body Sedonas with shaved sidewalls, grooved lugs, and clocked tread pattern, the tire foams are Crawler Innovations Double Deuce Foams (P/N; CWR-1044 front and CWR-1045 rear. The RTR weight is 4 pounds 3 ounces.

JoeyF on the RCCawler forum built this rc crawler and sold it to Crawler Innovations in December 2015.

Video Credits:
Driver: Gavin Ayala

Complete build thread link:
sportsman twin force

Crawler Innovations web store;

#crawlerinnovations #activatedoutlaw #doubledeucefoams
Old 12-18-2018, 02:48 PM   #174
RCC Addict

A family that plays together stays together.

Now I have a better understanding of the foams, types, and applications. Will make some adjustments, but have been pretty happy with what I chose by chance and guess. Certainly better than single stage soft foams that come with tires.

I did not realize the PB's had become so popular - they tend to be my go-to as well. I've tried a lot of the prolines too, but seem to come back to my trusty RockBeasts.

Maybe you should make a line of tires as well.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:19 PM   #175
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
A family that plays together stays together.

Now I have a better understanding of the foams, types, and applications. Will make some adjustments, but have been pretty happy with what I chose by chance and guess. Certainly better than single stage soft foams that come with tires.

I did not realize the PB's had become so popular - they tend to be my go-to as well. I've tried a lot of the prolines too, but seem to come back to my trusty RockBeasts.

Maybe you should make a line of tires as well.

Well said sir

The Pitbulls tires 4.50" Rock Beast is definitely our "go to" here at CI.

As for creating my own line of tires, I am more interested in working with a reputable company than creating my own line. The RC market is plagued with cheap copy cat imitations of so many tires already. Truly there is nothing new under the sun. I'd rather bring to market a true value where the right tire and foam are together in one package. Unfortunately NO Manufacturer has approached me or taken me up on talk like this. I don't understand why, the hobby would benefit and so would sales in general.

Thank you for your post and for viewership of the channel.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:24 PM   #176
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This is the first video of the Ayala Metal Works Chuggy and Forty One together on the Crawler Innovations rock garden. Both vehicles are TIG welded creations of my son Gavin of Ayala Metal Works. Both vehicles are based off the Axial racing SCX10.2 platform. Both vehicles have Vanquish Products Currie axles, motor plates, transmission top shafts, titanium links, transfer cases and 1.9 bead locks. Both vehicles are using the Pitbull Tires 1.9 Rock Beast (4.50" OG size), with Crawler Innovations 4.50" Lil Nova Comp Cut Foams. P/N; CWR-2025 front and CWR-2026 rear.

Build thread for Chuggy;
''Cherokee To Chuggy'',a AMW built SCX10 2

Build thread for Forty One;

Ayala Metal Works channel;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7o...w84G931mmCGgaA

Video Credits:
Forty One segment:
Driver; Edmundo Ayala
Filmer; Gavin Ayala

Chuggy segment:
Driver; Gavin Ayala
Filmer; Edmundo Ayala

#crawlerinnovations #activatedoutlaw #ayalametalworks
Old 12-18-2018, 04:52 PM   #177
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
>snip
Unfortunately NO Manufacturer has approached me or taken me up on talk like this. I don't understand why, the hobby would benefit and so would sales in general.

It's about the $$. PB came out with their own foams and frankly, they're not that versatile and therefore suffer some in tune-ability. Kind of a one-size-fits-all approach.

Same for Ottsix. Proline has some innovation, but their new 2-stage ones look like a copy of your product. IMO people will try to knock-off someone else's thing if it's any good.

No, just keep doing what you're doing. The enthusiasts know and like your product and your reputation is golden. Don't mess with that.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #178
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I (Edmundo Ayala) built this super class rc rock crawler I named "Myopic" for my son Gavin. The chassis is a carbon fiber Y Town Chassis and 115mm rims, Vanquish Products aluminum XR10 tops, transmissions, link mounts, titanium links, steering knuckles and c's. These axles are made wide by using custom tubes and Wraith AR60 long side shafts on both sides. I made the tires by hand using 2.2 Hot Bodies Sedona tires and 3.8" sidewalls. The foams are Crawler Innovations Super Nova 7.75" Comp Cut inners with Soft Outers, : P/N; CWR-4004

The full build thread is linked here;
"Myopic" A Super Agent XR-10 Build by Crawler Innovations

Filmed at Tyler state park:
https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/tyler

Video Credits;
Driver: Gavin Ayala
Filmer: Edmundo Ayala

Gavin's channel; Ayala Metal Works;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7oNfuw6pw84G931mmCGgaA

The source for RCCrawling info;
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/

Old 12-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #179
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This Traxxas TRX-4 was acquired in a trade in pieces after the previous owner had bashed it hard. Gavin decided to claim this one for himself and we've been referring to it as "The Box", for lack of a better name, and well, it's just so boxy.

Electronics installed in "The Box" for this video are Tekin Racing RS Pro ESC with Tekin 13.5 Gen 3 motor, on 3S Lipo, Hitec 5645MG steering servo, the front and rear axles have been locked out, only the two speed transmission is still functional.

1.9 bead locks are made by Vanquish Products, in the wide can design, Method style in orange with black rings. 1.9 Pitbull Tires XOR, filled with Crawler Innovations, Lil Nova 4.50" Comp Cut Inner / Medium outer P/N; CWR-2025 in front, Deuce's Wild Single Stage P/N; CWR-3005 rear, plus Deuce's Wild Tuning Discs P/N; CWR-3015, one disc on the outside of each foam, inside the tire, to add width to the foam, in order to control the tire.

Filmed at Barnwell Mountain ORV Park: https://www.barnwellmountainra.com/
Driver; Gavin Ayala
Filmer; Edmundo Ayala
Editor; Gavin Ayala

Old 12-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #180
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

The hype over this truck has long since left. Crawler Innovations actually PRE-ordered one of these UDR trucks, it's something I (Edmundo) rarely do. After the success of the TRX-4, I had high hopes for this truck. I was disappointed from day one and pretty much lost interest immediately. Thank fully Gavin took an interest in it and all of the videos about this truck were created by him. This video is footage of the vehicle itself.