Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Mike's RC World YouTube Channel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #1
Sinking with the ship

Default Mike's RC World YouTube Channel

For those who dont know, I had started an Instagram and a Facebook page called "Mike's RC World" in efforts to be able to show case my builds, my work, and my collection on a more personal level. Starting this year I wanted to get into videos but know very little of video editing and all of that. With the help of my buddy Bryan, we set up shop with cameras, a mic, the lap top, some BS lighting and fired off my first video. I wanted to do as an introductory to how I got into RC and scale rock crawlers. I then plan to follow up with individual videos of models ive built and when RC4WD comes out with new stuff as well.

Anyways, here it is, please lemme know what you think and if you like it, please hit the like button and subscribe. Any constructive criticism is appreciated!

Thanks!

-Mike

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 03-08-2018 at 08:08 AM.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2018, 07:13 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Introduction to Mike's RC World

Was easy to watch the entire video b/c you've got that charisma that a lot of ppl lack on camera. Great introduction and I could almost visualize the crash as it happened. Impressive collection... not simply how many rc's you've got but the scale detail involved. Fwiw... sorry we got off on the wrong foot. I shoulda just steered clear of water that was that deep. Take care I'll def keep tuning into these videos. Great job!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I want to see more of your collection. I'm especially intrigued by the orange 57 Chevy drag car on the shelf.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

Good video Mike!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #5
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Was easy to watch the entire video b/c you've got that charisma that a lot of ppl lack on camera. Great introduction and I could almost visualize the crash as it happened. Impressive collection... not simply how many rc's you've got but the scale detail involved. Fwiw... sorry we got off on the wrong foot. I shoulda just steered clear of water that was that deep. Take care I'll def keep tuning into these videos. Great job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I want to see more of your collection. I'm especially intrigued by the orange 57 Chevy drag car on the shelf.
Appreciate the kind words fellas, there is definitely more video to come ! And I will be reviewing each car and truck, I have over 100 so I wanna try and drop a video every other week or so on a review of a model.

I’m pretty comfortable talking, I’m in investigation work so I have to talk(interview/interrogate) to anyone from an avg Joe to an inmate who slaughtered his family

Stay tuned for more

-Mike
Old 02-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #6
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Good video Mike!
Thanks man! Glad you approved
Old 02-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I watched a good bit of the vid last night, I thought that it was well done and easy to follow along. I laughed at the story about you crashing your Mom's BF ( at the time) Midnight Pumpkin straight into a curb.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #8
Slow is the new Fast

Great looking collection. Keep the videos coming!
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:50 PM   #9

Thumbs up Re: Introduction to Mike's RC World

Great video, liked the editing, it brought a unique style to it

Looking at your collection made me remember the first time years back when I seen my hobby room in a few pictures vs. just walking in and out every day and seeing it first hand and it made me double think the value. Which in turn got me calling my insurance agent that carries my home owner policy out to house for a visit. After a few discussions back and forth thereafter I ended up purchasing a rider on my main insurance policy for extra coverage just on my RC collection above and beyond my “home contents”.

Might sound silly to some people, but when you accumulate a mass of RC’s of 100 or more all each valued at $500 - $1,000 or more each, you suddenly look at valuation of $100,000 or more. Many of which have personal value far greater then any dollar value one could place on it.

Wondering... am I the only crazy guy out there that has bought a rider insurance policy on my RC collection?

At the same time he was at the house and discussing other things, it didn’t take much talking to talk me into a purchase of another separate rider for all my guns.

Either way, cool video, keep em coming
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:59 AM   #10
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I watched a good bit of the vid last night, I thought that it was well done and easy to follow along. I laughed at the story about you crashing your Mom's BF ( at the time) Midnight Pumpkin straight into a curb.
Ill literally never forget that moment in my entire life, to this day we laugh about it and then he wishes that if have kids some day that they run one of my Bruisers into a curb

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Great looking collection. Keep the videos coming!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
Great video, liked the editing, it brought a unique style to it

Looking at your collection made me remember the first time years back when I seen my hobby room in a few pictures vs. just walking in and out every day and seeing it first hand and it made me double think the value. Which in turn got me calling my insurance agent that carries my home owner policy out to house for a visit. After a few discussions back and forth thereafter I ended up purchasing a rider on my main insurance policy for extra coverage just on my RC collection above and beyond my “home contents”.

Might sound silly to some people, but when you accumulate a mass of RC’s of 100 or more all each valued at $500 - $1,000 or more each, you suddenly look at valuation of $100,000 or more. Many of which have personal value far greater then any dollar value one could place on it.

Wondering... am I the only crazy guy out there that has bought a rider insurance policy on my RC collection?

At the same time he was at the house and discussing other things, it didn’t take much talking to talk me into a purchase of another separate rider for all my guns.

Either way, cool video, keep em coming
That is something I have been thinking about for years, maybe its time I call USAA and see if I can do it .

I am over a 100 cars and trucks, with each car easily being valued at 500$ while most probably closer to the 4 digit mark or more.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:42 PM   #11
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Ill literally never forget that moment in my entire life, to this day we laugh about it and then he wishes that if have kids some day that they run one of my Bruisers .
My son ran my vintage Wild One into a curb and broke the plastic wheel. My trip to the LHS for a replacement shocked me when I discovered how far RC had come since the early eighties. A dozen rigs later and going strong on my second childhood....rccrawler would have been a euphoric dream back then
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:19 AM   #12
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
My son ran my vintage Wild One into a curb and broke the plastic wheel. My trip to the LHS for a replacement shocked me when I discovered how far RC had come since the early eighties. A dozen rigs later and going strong on my second childhood....rccrawler would have been a euphoric dream back then
I hear ya man, this place definitely grew the hobby place
Old 03-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Excellent video! Subscribed! I have a pretty similar story and slightly smaller collection, but the addiction nonetheless. I look forward to more. Great plan mike. You should do well with this format. Greg
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:46 AM   #14

Definitely a good start. This will definitely go on my list to keep an eye out for updates. Incredible rigs man!
irvan105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:57 AM   #15

I can't listen to audio (currently at work), but I like your shop and your collection.

What is that sweet Clod on the round table? Do you have any photos or a build thread of that?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #16
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Excellent video! Subscribed! I have a pretty similar story and slightly smaller collection, but the addiction nonetheless. I look forward to more. Great plan mike. You should do well with this format. Greg
Appreciate the kind words Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvan105 View Post
Definitely a good start. This will definitely go on my list to keep an eye out for updates. Incredible rigs man!
Thanks man, got 2 new videos up now, I edited them myself, I know the f-350 one needs better volume. I ordered a good mic today to improve the audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I can't listen to audio (currently at work), but I like your shop and your collection.

What is that sweet Clod on the round table? Do you have any photos or a build thread of that?
I'm sure I do, but I have a lot of clods so I am not sure which one you are referring too. Can you describe it better.

-Mike
Old 03-08-2018, 08:47 AM   #17

Quote:
I'm sure I do, but I have a lot of clods so I am not sure which one you are referring too. Can you describe it better.

-Mike
This red one with white wheels and axle brake on the black, round table.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:28 PM   #18
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
This red one with white wheels and axle brake on the black, round table.

ahh okay, so that is a new build, custom clod buster body retro MT. Ive had that body for 15 + years and when JConcepts released their new midwest wheels and ranger tires I knew exactly what to do with it.

High lift frame rails with a TF2 chassis on top just like the old school MTs did, RC4WD Blackwell axles
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #19

Quote:
ahh okay, so that is a new build, custom clod buster body retro MT. Ive had that body for 15 + years and when JConcepts released their new midwest wheels and ranger tires I knew exactly what to do with it.

High lift frame rails with a TF2 chassis on top just like the old school MTs did, RC4WD Blackwell axles
That's bad ass!
Old 03-09-2018, 06:26 AM   #20
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
That's bad ass!
Thanks Man, I gotta order more goodies for it and keep moving on it

Mike's RC World YouTube Channel - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mike's RC World F-350 Snow Plow Dually reveiw and snow plowing 1BadJeepBruiser Scale Videos! 0 03-08-2018 08:06 AM
Youtube channel OTHGbronco82 Chit Chat 2 08-15-2013 12:05 AM
New Youtube Channel stone202 Chit Chat 0 06-28-2013 07:54 PM
my youtube channel Matty221133 Newbie General 0 05-12-2013 04:56 AM
YouTube World Cup Feature constantmotion Chit Chat 1 06-28-2010 03:10 PM