RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Virginia (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/virginia/)
-   -   Any CRAWLERS in the VIRGINIA BEACH AREA???? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/virginia/73439-any-crawlers-virginia-beach-area.html)

skullking 05-31-2007 05:57 PM

Any CRAWLERS in the VIRGINIA BEACH AREA????

Hey looking for crawlers in the Virginia Beach Area!!

BESRK 06-01-2007 04:30 AM

<------ Newbie crawler up here in Newport News.. have another buddy with a tricked out TXT and another with a Clod.. We're all part of the same Jeep club too. Our club gets together every Saturday morning for a "Coffee Run". Those of us with crawlers usually bring 'em along for entertainment.

rockin92xj 01-13-2008 10:02 PM

im in NN i go to a park in hampton a few times a week that has some preety fun stuff"thumbsup" let me know if u want to do some crawlin. Im going monday around 12 30 proably for about 45 minutes PM me if interested. The park is "Sandy Bottom" http://www.hampton.gov/sandybottom/

swell searcher 01-14-2008 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullking (Post 721788)

skull, i'm in VB. got a tlt comp rig and an ax10 basher rig.

have you found any spots in VB? the jetty is not bad in the winter (no VBPD hassle) but maybe too big for a 2.2. i did see a park off of 168 near 64/464 interchange but have not checked it yet. like the NN guys said, there a few spots over in NN.

rockin92xj 01-14-2008 07:38 AM

well i yall want to go to the park or what evere around here let me know"thumbsup" im a college kid so i have a fare amount of free time. sandy bottom has some decent 2.2 rock climbs and some fun hill climbs!

bigblazerboy 01-21-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullking (Post 721788)

im down there alot. im there right now. i have a wk

Scooteracing 01-22-2008 06:43 PM

Where do you crawl at Sandy Bottom. I drove thru but didn't see anything worth while. LMK Thanks

clemet 01-24-2008 11:38 AM

Ya it'd be nice to find a good spot in the Hampton Roads area.

rockin92xj 01-24-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooteracing (Post 1019636)
Where do you crawl at Sandy Bottom. I drove thru but didn't see anything worth while. LMK Thanks

well its 500 acres and ya only saw like 2. Theres fun stuff but there arent alot of rocks. But enough for a good time. the woods offers a great trail ride or too. then again i live on 85 acres of trails so i love a little log crawlin"thumbsup"

4ONDFLR 03-03-2008 02:12 PM

I Live In Chesapeake. The Spot That Swell Is Talkin Bout Is At Locks Park By The Grear Bridge Locks. It Cool If You Dont Mind Fishin Your Truck Out When It Falls In The Water...lol I Heard There Is A Sick Spot By The Airport Where A Bunch Of The 1/1 Guys Go With Some Rocks But Havent Checked It Out Yet. Rocks In Va Are Hard To Come By! If Anyone Ever Wants To Get Up We Should Have Like A Va Run Sometime. ( Once We Find A Decent Spot) I Have A Clod Super.

Scooteracing 03-03-2008 03:03 PM

We have decent spots in VA just not the Tidewater area. Come up to Richmond on March 8th and you will have a blast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ONDFLR (Post 1079978)
I Live In Chesapeake. The Spot That Swell Is Talkin Bout Is At Locks Park By The Grear Bridge Locks. It Cool If You Dont Mind Fishin Your Truck Out When It Falls In The Water...lol I Heard There Is A Sick Spot By The Airport Where A Bunch Of The 1/1 Guys Go With Some Rocks But Havent Checked It Out Yet. Rocks In Va Are Hard To Come By! If Anyone Ever Wants To Get Up We Should Have Like A Va Run Sometime. ( Once We Find A Decent Spot) I Have A Clod Super.

swell searcher 03-04-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ONDFLR (Post 1079978)

4ondflr - where are these places at, Locks Park and the airport spot? I was talking about the Oak Grove Lake Park where you can see the fish carving from 168 N. http://www.varcoffroaders.com/forum/....php?f=31&t=72

i'll be in richmond this weekend but we should meet up some time. my super is running but i need to upgrade the servos on my clod.

4ONDFLR 03-05-2008 06:09 AM

Swell- You Are Right. I Had A Brain Fart! It Is Oak Grove Lake Park. My Bad! Im Still Tryin To Get A Chance To Get To The Airport One To Check It Out And See If Its Any Good. Im Just Not Big On Walkin Into The Woods In The Dark After I Get Off Of Work! But Its Over Off Of N.hampton Blvd

4ONDFLR 03-05-2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooteracing (Post 1080056)
We have decent spots in VA just not the Tidewater area. Come up to Richmond on March 8th and you will have a blast.

I WOULD LOVE TO COME UP TO RICHMOND THIS WEEKEND BUT I WORK ON SATURDAYS SO THAT KINDA CUTS THAT OUT. I SAW THAT YALL ARE RUNNIN 2.2 AND SCALE CLASSES. ANY PLANS OF RUNNIN ANY OPEN CLASS OR SUPER CLASS ANY TIME SOON

swell searcher 03-05-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ONDFLR (Post 1082537)
Swell- You Are Right. I Had A Brain Fart! It Is Oak Grove Lake Park. My Bad! Im Still Tryin To Get A Chance To Get To The Airport One To Check It Out And See If Its Any Good. Im Just Not Big On Walkin Into The Woods In The Dark After I Get Off Of Work! But Its Over Off Of N.hampton Blvd

ok i think i know the place near the airport... i wasn't thinking of ORF. i've never been there but i heard it's mostly mud for the 1:1...

and yes, we'll can do a super class but we need to have 3 rigs to show to run. frank, myself, and you would make 3. well, mine is not comp ready but i would still run it. i know a few others were working on a super rig too. and we are holding a few comps and GTG on Sundays. Just look on the schedule.

4ONDFLR 03-05-2008 04:08 PM

Well I Wouldnt Call Mine "comp Worthy" Yet Either But Hopefully Ill Be Doin Some Work On It Here Soon. I Also Have A Friend That Has A Super Also. Well To Be Perfectly Honest I Guess Its A Super. Just Got Into This Bout A Month Or So Ago And From What Ive Read Thats What I Would Call It.

daddyduck 03-31-2008 08:10 PM

message from malicious

hey guys this is duck. ernie is in the process of building a course off of london bridge close to 264 he already has a 3/4 acre race track and he wants me to help design the course. one will be specifically for the 2.2 and another for the big boys. im pretty sure i will have it cross thread together cause that would look freeKIN SWEEET! darn caps lock.
duck

'04 Rubicon 04-01-2008 10:15 AM

Hello Duck, and welcome. I didn't meet you at the VBHT comp but I like what you are describing about an outdoor course. I'm sure that you will have quite a bit of interest in something like that. This whole RC Crawling thing is really catching on.;-)

Keep us updated and hope to meet you one day. You'll have to come out to some of the VARCOR events - http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/107545-varcor-2008-point-series-schedule.html.

daddyduck 04-21-2008 10:36 PM

hobbytown in vb is almost done. ernie's is on hold for a while he is getting his main track together for the race on the 31st of may. anybody wanna 2.2 crawl gimme a call. i got bashed up pretty bad and on cruches but i can hit some spots in magic hollow. oh check out my vids on google video. just search for the evil canary here is one.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...LK9f2tBA&hl=en

swell searcher 04-22-2008 01:05 PM

where's magic hollow? when ernie is ready for the rock course, get in touch with me.