Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Washington

Notices

Thread: I have a question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #1

Default I have a question.

I dont know if this goes here but I'll ask anyways, what rig do you think is best for crawlin out here in Washington?

Like Venom creeper and other comp style rigs?
newatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

there are so many routes that you can go. for starters there a moa rigs and there are the shaftys. i run a moa and i like it and its a cheapy redcat rs10. there is no perfect crawler for anywhere it is all about what floats your boat. also there are 1.9s 2.2s and scalers. so i would shop around or maybe go through the different threads on here and look at the pics that people post and see wat you like. or you could do a thread and just list wat you are looking at and ask people to list the pros and cons.

are you wanting a rtr or do you want to do a build. you could also do a scratch build and just buy all the parts from different people and do your own thing. well thats wat i think.

Brent
redcatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:17 PM   #3

Thanks Brent, I see what you meen I wasnt very clear. I'm thinking 2.2 shafty. I was thinking Axail ax10, Losi CC, or The Venom Creeper. Whats your guys' opinions.
Also I wouln't mind building it myself as long as the kit came with Everything minus tools.
newatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

alot of the kits dont come with electronics. so that means you would need a esc servo rx and tx and put it all together. the rtr kits are nice cause there is no work and instant crawling after u get a charged battery. the only bad thing is that most of the time the parts are less than quality on them. so i would say get a ARTR(almost ready to run). the parts are usually better and u just need electronics. whats ur price range cause any rig can be nice depends on how much you put into it.

a buddy of mine has the losi night crawler and he likes it. i have the redcat rs10 his is stock besides a motor and a bec mine has a ton of time into it but little money. another buddy got the creeper and he hates it it breaks every time out. alot of guys run with axials and love them but usually have a ton of $$$ into them.

Brent
redcatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:12 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

i run a heavily modded ax10, but from what i see at the local comps is a lot of bully and berg moas, i sticking to the shafty until its absolutely a ness for a moa
liverkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Start with an axial. If you get the rtr you will replace all the electronics eventually. Next you will go for shocks, narrower chassis, and better link geometry.

If I had all the $ I've put into my rtr to convert it into what it is now I would take the $ and buy bergs, tekin fxr, 2 cheap 35t-45t motors, and build a simple chassis based off the geometry you will find in tons of threads. You will be $ ahead and way happier if you put your $ in the most important base. Your MOA axles and electronics.

If you really want shafty any axial will work. Also buy a used one off ebay that someone else has already started upgrading, it'll be cheaper. I wouldnt worry about new vs. used they are pretty damn stout and replacement parts are cheap. More you break the more chances you have to upgade.
ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #7

Just get a Losi Comp Crawler. Best out of the box without having to upgrade. But you can upgrade it later when your ready. Mine is mostly stock and works awesome!
toytech01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

or you could go with the 1.9 class and run the losi MRC. I have one and i have changed everything except my ESC and Reciver. These little guys are fun to drive and do great here in WA
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:02 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I know it isn't a comp rig, but the Axial SCX10 is an absolute blast to drive on the trails in the Puget Sound area!
Planespotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:22 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

what about Mini/Micros? Are they just a waste of time, or do any of yall actually use them?
BritnKurtTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

i hav 2 axials, a comp crawler and a bully and the comp crawler and bully are my favs. seems like i spend alot of time and money to make the axial perfom as good as the losi comp crawler and just cant touch the bully.
the bully has a punk dig that makes for very powerful front and rear digs.
but i think the axials have their place and are very good in the right hands.
super samurai is offline   Reply With Quote