Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > West Virginia

Notices

Thread: Parkersburg WV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #1

Default Parkersburg WV

]Hello potential friends. I'm new to the scale scene and looking to make friends to trail around with.
I run an axial scx10jk

And I have a couple slashes

Anyway, I'm free most weekends and would like to put together some trail runs or mud runs here in wood county or surrounding area. If interested hit me up on here.

Last edited by Grifter; 12-04-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 09:14 PM   #2

Default Re: Parkersburg WV

you know about ovrccc? they are in your area.
teamweaselracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #3

Yes Ive gone and watched a few races they put on over the summer. I can't afford to race much any more and have developed more of a taste for just piddling around and trailing.

They all seemed like super nice guys that I met, but no one I've talked to is into crawling around from what I've heard.

I'm just looking for something informal without annual membership fees.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:10 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Im thinking about doing an ad and seeing if I can get some to respond that wants to form a little group say from parkersburg to wheeling area.

We need to get something going around here..Alot of nice terrain in our areas.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Is there very many people into crawling in your area, I've been tryin to gather people in the parkersburg and marietta areas.
ima_redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #6

I'm the lone ranger out here. If theres anyone else into it I have not ran into them.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I just got a Wraith, not in PKB but here in Ripley. Just starting in the Crawling scene myself. Did the plane thing for years, but not many car guys down here..
Wacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:43 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I'm from the Parkersburg/Vienna area. I race at Ed's R/C every once and a while. I've had a wraith for a while, also an scx10.

I ride a bike at Mountwood park about 10 minutes outside of Parkersburg on Rt. 50, but have taken my wraith out on those trails a few times. It's probably about the best spot I can think of for a group trail run. Good parking and trails right out of the lot.

I was going to ask the hobby shop if they would mind me putting up a flier or putting something on the facebook page. But, with the weather being so cold I think most of us are happy wrenching indoors right now ;)

If you guys are on facebook check out Ed's R/C in Parkersburg and post something up about maybe getting a group together.
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:15 PM   #9

I also race at eds, well my 9 year old does. Hes hell on parts and just keeping one truck running for him is challenging enough for me. We ran all summer when the turnout wasn't so good buy since school started time and money has kinda been a factor.

Anyway, good idea about posting up on his facebook. I'd definitely be down for some running at mountwood. I've fished out there my whole life buy havent taken the rcs yet.

If I get a chance to go to the races tomorrow I'll ask ed how he feels about us posting on his facebook. Maybe we could start an Rc group on facebook just for mid Ohio valley trail runners or something and use eds facebook and other existing Rc groups to help it get off the ground.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:33 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ima_redneck View Post
Is there very many people into crawling in your area, I've been tryin to gather people in the parkersburg and marietta areas.
Im the only one in my area I know of..lol
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
Im the only one in my area I know of..lol
I think your about 2 1/2 hour from me.
old man 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I buy fuel and stuff from Ed's. Mostly for my Savage XL.
Just getting into the crawling scene. Bought a NIB Wraith ffor my 8 yr old son. Needed someone else to crawl with, and to make me look good too!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:32 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Well if you're in Ripley you're only about an hour south of me. As soon as it's not frozen we all need to get together.
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #14

Well, I didn't make it to eds today but me and my son went and run at ft boreman in parkersburg. It's a great place to trail, lots of good hill climbs, a couple creek beds, and ,when its not frozen, its mud paradise. I'm gonna have to trade off one or both of my slashes to give my kids 4wds. It was fun watchin the boy try to launch up the hills like a formula off-road nutcase but he snapped an axle carrier, I figure the cold had something to do with the breakage. Already ordered some spares but I think another scx10 or a couple wraiths are in order.

Do u guys think we have enuf for a little local facebook group/club? All free membership and no dues or any of that bullshit of course. We could use it to plan runs at boreman, mountwood, north bend, and I got a couple sweet spots that r public land here in Belleville and that's just what I know of. I know a lot of folks are content staying indoors in the winter, and I can't blame them really, but I'm not really one of them. Maybe cuz I live in a madhouse.

Anyway, it would be super cool to meet some more people, boreman is huge and seems to be good middle ground for all the folks I've seen and spoke to. If your interested in the facebook group idea or have better ideas to coordinate let me know on here and we can start setting stuff up.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Well, I really don't do the Facebook thing. My wife does but too much bullcrap for me to deal with. I would be interested in a blog, website based local club. I used to fly with Jackson County aeromodelers. But since my son's been born haven't flown much in 8 yrs. Lots of airplane stuff to unload and invest into this crawler, scaler thing now! My son is more interested in landbased crafts and got me interested. I have 2 Mini revo brushless. 1 HPI XL Savage, that just rocks. And now 2 Wraiths, which won't be run in water, or real muddy terrain, more just rock crawling, and some trail running. His is still NIB waiting for his birthday in March. He wants a red one, so I have a clear body I bought off here and am painting it bright red. Kind of hard working on this when he is around! But yeah. We would be interested in a Crawling Gang of Hillbillies!

Last edited by Wacki; 01-25-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:19 AM   #16
RCC Addict

I'm from the Charleston area. We usually use facebook to work out GTGs and what not. Last get together we had 15+ trucks and had a great time trailing. Most of the guys here are willing to travel (even a few hours) to run as long as we have enough heads up time.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/525652667484318/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/148095728597431/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/160066870807353/
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:30 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Hey Grifter,
Had a good time with you and ima_redneck a couple weeks ago. Lookin forward to some good weather so we can get the whole gang together. Have a good one man.
13in. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:36 PM   #18

Yea no doubt. I had a lot of fun and I've been trying to angle my way into another truck by trading off a slash so my son can run next time. I did a lot of scouting at fort boreman the other day lots of good spots to check out up there.

Whenever u guys wanna go out again hit me up. I'll try to get the word out and see how many people we can drag out. I'd still like to check out where u guys run sometime.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:40 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Maybe when it gets above -5 again.
ima_redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

U guys in Pksburg know of an old railway that's been turned into a bike trail? Been thinking of taking my son across it this summer. Maybe even do some rock crawling too!

Parkersburg WV - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scale Run in Parkersburg WV 6/7/09 t_kirl Scale Videos! 8 06-15-2009 04:50 PM