Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Help! We're coming to visit Wisconsin!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #1

Default Help! We're coming to visit Wisconsin!

Hello gents. Would some local SE Winconsinites be willing to give us a tour of the good crawl spots? We've got our trucks but don't know where to go.

A good friend of mine and I are both enthusiastic ameture rc crawlers, and we're heading to WI next week; Jul 29 - Aug 3, to be exact. I'm from NY and he's from Oregon. We'll be staying in Menomonee Falls visiting in-laws .

I've got a modded AX-10, and he's got a customized WK. We plan to look at some of the crawl spots you've mentioned (South Shore, Bradford Beach, and Devil something-or-other - or any other spots you recommend), but we'd much prefer a tour from someone with local knowledge. This could be a good chance for that G2G some of you have mentioned. We plan to shoot video and post online as well.

Any volunteers? Thanks.
2old4rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

well i might have some spots to go to and i am about a half hour away from the falls.
newbie8324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie8324 View Post
well i might have some spots to go to and i am about a half hour away from the falls.
Cool. What do you suggest, and what day(s) are you free? We'll have to work this out with the Mrs'es
Old 07-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

All the spots I've listed are easy to get to and publicly accessible. Most are on or near Lake Michigan. I am reasonable flexible with time so I could probably hook up some where.

PM me and I can give you contact info.
schmenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
MWRCA'er

If your going to visit some where visit Devils lake. Only place you can crawl all day and not hit the same line twice. Not to mention the park is a fantastic place to hike.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

True, Devil's Lake is amazing, but they'll have to drive 2 hours either way to get there.

I'm a bit south of you guys, but I may be able to meet up on Friday or Saturday.
MrNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:08 AM   #7
MWRCA'er

True, and I suppose crawling by the lake would be great to on vacation. The latest pictures I've seen of those areas near the lake have me wanting to peek for visit sometime. Either way I'm out of town going to Sturgeon bay that weekend.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
If your going to visit some where visit Devils lake. Only place you can crawl all day and not hit the same line twice. Not to mention the park is a fantastic place to hike.
Guys,

I agree that the Devil's Lake area is super but you really need to check out the Milwaukee lake front. I walked a 1/4 mile stretch just south of the North Point Water Filtration Plant and it took me about 2 hours never hitting the same area twice and that is just a short stretch!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #9

Default thanks!

Schmenzer, Thanks again for posting up, meeting us and showing us around. You've got one gorgeous, very accessible, techy crawling spot. That lake view made it hard to watch what my truck was doing. Great seeing the comp rigs out there too.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old4rc View Post
Schmenzer, Thanks again for posting up, meeting us and showing us around. You've got one gorgeous, very accessible, techy crawling spot. That lake view made it hard to watch what my truck was doing. Great seeing the comp rigs out there too.

Great meting you guys! I have some pix I'll get posted soon. "Real" life got the best of me this week and today was my 10th wedding anniversary!