Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Madison area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Madison area

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself and see if there were any get-togethers or events planned for the near future. I will be looking to buy a crawler or trade soon as well. Just a quick bit of background I have been doing RC everything for a number of years and currently fly planes and helis but have also done fast electric boats and of course raced cars and truck for years. This crawling thing caught my interest last year and now I am wanting to get one together.

I look forward to learning about these fascinating trucks and getting out there.

Thanks

Charlie
ctoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

welcome to the board Charlie, We try to do several meet's GTG's a year. One gentleman is building an indoor track for the winter, in Milwaukee. Just keep an eye on this section.
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to building a truck and want to start on it soon. I have an old emaxx carcass laying around that I could use if needed but it looks like there are kits out now that would put me further along.

Do you know anyone selling a truck or how to find the classifieds on this forum? I looked a bit but did not see one.

Thanks again
Charlie
ctoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You need to be a member for 30 days and have 30 posts to view the classifieds...or you buy a star.

I've seen a bunch of AX-10's for sale on rctech.net lately. Might want to look there.
MrNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

welcome charlie, you'll really like the crawling! rctech.net is a good place to look and get a deal as some try crawling, dont like it, and just want the stuff gone... you could also sell your stuff on there or maybe trade and not have to go thru some of the hassle. a good used ax10 kit is a wise choice to start, or you could buy an axial artr kit as well. if you want to get more into indoor, the new losi mrc is a great choice and is ready to run! have fun!
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote