Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: MNRCRC Battle at the Border Invite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
tjb
Rock Crawler

Exclamation MNRCRC Battle at the Border Invite

Just want to give everyone a formal invite to the MNRCRC Battle at the Border Comp AUG 23rd. It's one of our biggest comps of the year.

There's camping and hotels within a mile or two of the comp site..

Here's a link to last years;
MNRCRC'S 3rd Annual "Battle At The Border"

Hope to see you there, it's well worth the trip!!
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
MWRCA'er

I'm 6 hours away haven't missed one since you guys started the event. It's a great time.

I'm going to try to make it, I'll be up in Michigan wheelin then try to drive the 6 hours from there and camp if all goes well.

You Wisconsin peeps should really give this event a try, the crawl spot is like nothing you've ever seen.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:20 AM   #3
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
I'm 6 hours away haven't missed one since you guys started the event. It's a great time.

I'm going to try to make it, I'll be up in Michigan wheelin then try to drive the 6 hours from there and camp if all goes well.

You Wisconsin peeps should really give this event a try, the crawl spot is like nothing you've ever seen.

Sounds good Ben, hope you can pull it off!

The Club website is down right now (migrating it) You can click on any of the comp pic threads in the MN section to get an idea of how insane this place really is....
Old 08-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I will see if any FVRCC members want to make sounds like a great event add some more info on location here .
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
I will see if any FVRCC members want to make sounds like a great event add some more info on location here .

Here's the best I can do with the site being down..

http://www.taylorsfalls.govoffice.com/

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_par...ate/index.html

Hope you guys can make it up, I think the only better place than Taylor's is Disney, OK
Old 08-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
MWRCA'er

These pics are OLD 3 or more years back but show just part of the area.

Last edited by Mnster; 08-08-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

That looks like one nice spot we are having a little bash this weekend and i will see if any members are interested i would be driving down myself but i dont drive anymore due to eye sight.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post

Ben, I really hope you can make it again. It's always great crawling with you.

Here's some info about the comp.

Date: Aug 23rd
Time: sign in starts at 9am
competition starts at 10am
Here is a link to google maps. It shows up as an unknown road, but that's the parking lot. You can type in your addy and get directions directly there. It's right off of Hwy 8 on the MN side of the MN/WI border.

Since this is a state park, a parking permit is required. They are for sale right at the park. They have annual parking passes for $25 and daily passes for $5.

We are charging $2 a comp this year. You can run as many classes as you wish for the $2.

We run all 3 classes: Supers, 2.2, 1.9. 2 courses per class in a free-crawl format. Each course will have 9 gates, and 1 bonus gate between the 2 courses. Standard USRCCA rules.

We'll start the comp with the 2.2 class. As the day progresses, we will setup the Super and 1.9 courses and run them as the judges become available. We're usually done with all classes by 3 or 4pm.

The rocks are right next to the parking lot. The courses wouldn't be any more than a 5 minute walk from the parking lot. Because of this, and the fact that this is a busy park, we prefer that everyone pits at their car. There are no outlets available either.

I can't think of anything else to add. But if you have any questions, feel free to ask. We'd like to see you guys come on out.

Last edited by Nicklepimp; 08-08-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I live in WI about 45 minutes or so from TF. If anybody wants to come up the day before or whatever you can pitch a tent in the yard. I got a bonfire pit if you want to start a fire and a fridge in the garage if you want to bring any beverages. Just LMK and I'll get you the directions.
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I think this is the pics from last years battle at the border. If not its still the same location.
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z...ll4/?start=all
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #11
MWRCA'er

I'm out, maybe in on one of the other comps. Howl crawl if I get my new scaler going.