Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: WiRCRC Fall 2010 / Winter 2011 Crawling Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #121
RCC Addict

What's going on at Hobbytown is that we (WiRCRC) were told the slotcar track with the blue tarps over it was leaving and our club would take over that space. That was last year. The track is still there.

As far as the Lower Level Rock Lounge, only Chris can answer that. I wasn't aware of any change in plans. I'm sure he has his reasons.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

As far as the rock lounge goes there is not enough use out of it to just sit there and cause dust.I by no means plan to get out of crawling for a while i had several show up every week in the cold to play and to me it was worth having lately no one attends to crawl antmore so its time to go.

As far as HTO goes great venue and i have crap loads of my own money in it as well as everyone that invested there time i was told one thing and i am tired of waiting any longer.It has great potential not to mention there are plenty of times i would love to go there and crawl spend time and have a good time which i always do but i appreciate everyone who picks me up and hauls my ass down there 100% but there are times i want to go but have no way there not anybodys fault and please dont think what this is all about but i guess till you walk in my size 7 shoe you wont understand why.

I am sure there will be winter comps held at HTO hopefully for years to come but not run by me not that i run them by myself by no means but i am frustrated and dont care to spend anymore time or money there to get nothing in return from HTO.

Any other questions feel free to ask i have the answers.

WiRCRC
kasper
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #123
Pebble Pounder

I can only make Friday because of work on Sat. Chris sorry to here about the llrcl I had planned to attend more on Wed. nights but cash flow problems prevented it from happening.
401jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Sorry to hear about the frustration. I have not been around long enough to know the whole story. I do appreciate the excellent indoor facilties provided at both the llrl and hto. For that I say thank you to you Chris and the rest of the WiRCRC. Unforturnately it is too long of a drive for me to do much more than a couple times a month (with a demanding job, wife and 5 yr old).

I am most definitely looking forward to the outdoor crawling areas in and around appleton and plan on hitting as many comps as I can. I have already begun to look for easily accessable areas around Sheboygan to hopefully host a comp as well this summer.

Thanks again and see you all this weekend
Tim
stolps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #125
I wanna be Dave

You and me both cant wait to crawl outdoors.

I am one who understands the lack of funds and i appreciate all the great times that were had here at the rock lounge i still do plan to comp and crawl at hto but thats where i draw the line as mentioned in a few posts up i will talk to them and they will know where i stand with this situation i guess for everything the club did and hto taking in the fees to comp i come te relise there is something wrong there bussiness owner or not i know exactly what that is all about.

Last edited by kasper; 02-14-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #126
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
You and me both cant wait to crawl outdoors.

I am one who understands the lack of funds and i appreciate all the great times that were had here at the rock lounge i still do plan to comp and crawl at hto but thats where i draw the line as mentioned in a few posts up i will talk to them and they will know where i stand with this situation i guess for everything the club did and hto taking in the fees to comp i come te relise there is something wrong there bussiness owner or not i know exactly what that is all about.

I thought that too right from the beginning, but they were giving us a place to build it. With promises of more room and paying for the materials which neither ever happened, I think all of the money that came in for the comps should have gone to you Chris until you were payed back. If HTO is gonna get 60% I think they should be more involved in the comps. Chris you already know how I feel about the whole situation. I was planning on making more comps this winter but like Chris said there is a little lack of funds but things should be turning around soon.

I'm hoping to have "The T-buck-et" finished for a few summer comps (fingers crossed). I too can't wait to get outside.

My $.02.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #127
Rock Crawler

Why were we paying HTO in the first place?

We should be giving ALL our comp fees to Kasper. Why don't we start giving the money to Kasper & when, if HTO ask's where the money is we tell them it went to cover cost of course.

Then if there is a issue w/the owner we either work it out or he can pay somebody to take all that stuff out.

I hate that people get taken advantage of & it affects my Hobby. I have been a active, supporting, reliable member of WiRCRC & I don't plan on changing.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #128
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-buck View Post
why were we paying hto in the first place?

We should be giving all our comp fees to kasper. Why don't we start giving the money to kasper & when, if hto ask's where the money is we tell them it went to cover cost of course.

Then if there is a issue w/the owner we either work it out or he can pay somebody to take all that stuff out.

I hate that people get taken advantage of & it affects my hobby. I have been a active, supporting, reliable member of wircrc & i don't plan on changing.
x2
Old 02-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #129
RCC Addict

I don't disagree with what's been said, and Chris deserves to see some kind of return on his investment. I guess I'm being "cautiously optimistic" that things work out to everyone's benefit. I'd hate to lose HTO as a comp spot.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #130
Pebble Pounder

Well it looks like we will have folks at both comps this time so I guess I will see everyone at HTO on friday around 6 and at KLLRL on Saturday around 1.
Stinkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Well i must say todays courses were some of the toughest courses we ran in fact T-bucck built the first course we were not stratled for time so we went with the flow first course time was averaged at 15 plus ninutes took me 22 minutes to finish course one if that describes the challenges we had today tons of holes and gaps that sucked you in like a well i will let you fill that in course three was the easy couse the difference between HTO and the rock lounge there really is no comparison.

Sportsmen
1.stolps 16/27 43
2.creeper 30dnf/25dnf 55

2.2 moa
1.stolps 22/1/-5 18
2.kasper 17/14/-5 26
3.creeper 22/24/-7 39
4.T-buck 28dnf/13/-3 38

Last edited by kasper; 02-19-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #132
Quarry Creeper

Had a great time at Kaspers. Tough courses was a good challenge. Too bad there weren't more that could show up. Thanks Chris.

FYI, the wait for Olive Garden was 2 hours......we didn't eat there. Hot tub at the hotel was really relaxing though.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:31 PM   #133
Rock Crawler

Might take you all day tomorrow to get home. Weather looks BAD! Good luck.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #134
RCC Addict

Ditto! I might have to call in a snow day Sunday . Take care getting home.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #135
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolps View Post
Had a great time at Kaspers. Tough courses was a good challenge. Too bad there weren't more that could show up. Thanks Chris.
X2, Thanks again for letting me "crash" there Chris.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #136
Rock Stacker

Default Apologies

I am sorry that I couldn't haul my sorry driving butt up there yesterday. I am going out of town for a week and I do not think my gf would have appreciated me not being around on Saturday. I was going to take my rig over to MI when I go, but with the snow we got today I think it might stay home. I will type at you all when I get back.
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:16 AM   #137
Rock Stacker

It's sad to hear what hto and I'm all for paying kasper instead aleast we know the moneys going where it should be
crawlinisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Just to start some discussion.......any ideas on the dates of the 2 makeup comps. My spring is getting busy already and I would like to fit them in.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Toss out some datess that are open and we can decide from there for those attending.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #140
I wanna be Dave

The Dec 18th and March 12th comps were cancelled do we want to re schedule these dates or is this series over i need some answers or otherwise its over