Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Rules

Notices

Thread: Breaking the plain on the final Gate/ going BKWDS through a gate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Breaking the plain on the final Gate/ going BKWDS through a gate

Do you have to clear the final gate with both front tires or can you get one through and that finishes the course?

Can a competitor go backwards through a gate and it count as progress or do they have to go through forwards?
4ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ruggy View Post
Do you have to clear the final gate with both front tires or can you get one through and that finishes the course?
We run both ways in Michigan, as long as it is set the same for all competitors it shouldn't be a huge issue. We more often treat it as a plain.

Quote:
Can a competitor go backwards through a gate and it count as progress or do they have to go through forwards?
Can they drive in reverse through a gate the designated way through the gate? Yes.

Can they go past a gate and reverse through it the wrong way then drive through? No...you must clear the gate in the intended direction per the USRCCA rules.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ruggy View Post

From the '08 rules..

3.3 -
Scoring starts as the vehicle brakes the plane of the first gate of a course. Scoring stops when the Vehicle breaks the plane of the last gate of a course.

Our club uses breaking the plane of the gate, one tire or any part of the vehicle crosses the plane and time stops.

As far as the backwards through a gate I think binaryterror covered it all.
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

thank you all for clearing that up
Old 02-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #5

Hey buddy, Ron here, myself and Aaron were under the impression that the front axle had to break the plane and we judged everyone the same way that day. Myself and Aaron are now on the correct page. Sorry for the discrepency on our course but please be reassured everyone was judged consistenly.

C u at the next comp.
hatewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
We run both ways in Michigan, as long as it is set the same for all competitors it shouldn't be a huge issue. We more often treat it as a plain.

Can they drive in reverse through a gate the designated way through the gate? Yes.

Can they go past a gate and reverse through it the wrong way then drive through? No...you must clear the gate in the intended direction per the USRCCA rules.
Also some are often confused on the final gate. You can only back through it in the intended direction if you in fact started the course in reverse. In other words you have to finish the course driving the same direction you started.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

so you can't go backward through any gate unless you do the whole course that way or only the final gate is that way.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsurf View Post
Also some are often confused on the final gate. You can only back through it in the intended direction if you in fact started the course in reverse. In other words you have to finish the course driving the same direction you started.

I have never heard of this b4 ?
sddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsurf View Post
Yeah right;)
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddill View Post
Because its not true
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:44 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I prefer to drive the Finish Line gate, anybody can break the plane to stop time, but as a course designer, the finish line gate can be the highlight for that course.

Having to drive thru the finish line gate to stop time creates a couple of interesting scenerios; 1. drivers that get excited or have mismanaged thier time, rush to drive thru the gate and run over a cone; 10 points, thanks for playing. 2. Watching a driver struggle to get thru the finish line gate and to either point out or time out when they are that close to completing a course, is truely a tough pill to swallow, but oh so enjoyable to watch and 40 points, thanks for playing.

And besides, we all have seen or heard of drivers launching thier rig thru the "plane" of the finish line to stop time, Some of us our drivers and one more gate to drive thru is a plus.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Yeah right;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Because its not true
Sorry, I don't know what the hell I was smoking.
I was told this while judging a comp and could have sworn I read that in the rules later that evening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
I prefer to drive the Finish Line gate, anybody can break the plane to stop time, but as a course designer, the finish line gate can be the highlight for that course.

Having to drive thru the finish line gate to stop time creates a couple of interesting scenerios; 1. drivers that get excited or have mismanaged thier time, rush to drive thru the gate and run over a cone; 10 points, thanks for playing. 2. Watching a driver struggle to get thru the finish line gate and to either point out or time out when they are that close to completing a course, is truely a tough pill to swallow, but oh so enjoyable to watch and 40 points, thanks for playing.

And besides, we all have seen or heard of drivers launching thier rig thru the "plane" of the finish line to stop time, Some of us our drivers and one more gate to drive thru is a plus.
I have to agree with you on this one Brian.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:

X2

Before I read the rules I assumed it would be something like "Scoring begins once any part of a rig enters the course (start gate) ....ends when the entire rig exits the course (finish gate)." I realize in other forms of motorsport all the vehicle has to do is touch the finish line but with crawling just seems like you need to "clear" the finish gate.
crawlinghulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

its probably posted here several times but am i overlooking the 09 rules or are they not posted yet thanks
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

As far as I know they haven't been posted yet.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #16
RCC Addict

The rules state only break the plane of the finish gate. If you were going to make people get the entire rig through the gate it should be mentioned at the drivers meeting and every driver reminded before they start the course.

We have run a few courses where getting the tires into the plane at all was a challenge on the finish gate. Its more about course design and good communication to the drivers.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Its more about course design
I absolutely agree!!!