Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Rules

Notices

Thread: Judges Score Sheets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Judges Score Sheets

A while back our club started using individual score sheets for each competitor and a master judges score sheet for each course. The individual score sheets are broken down by gate number so we can rebuild a run to find out exactly when they had a reverse, hit a gate or pointed out... After the run the score is transferred to the judges master sheet and initialed by the driver. Problem is some judges math skills are questionable and they are either adding up the scores wrong or transferring them wrong. Then the competitor initials the error. So my question to those that use a similar system. Are you going with the initialed score good or bad? Or should the individual sheet be checked for correctness and the judges sheet overruled?

Thanks
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

we don't score by gate, but generally have drivers score cards to mark penalties , then transfer totaled score on a master sheet. also have driver sign master score sheet. if a score was added wrong, and proved the score was different,we normally change to the correct score.
BUT, IT ALWAYS GOOD TO TELL DRIVERS TO CHECK THEIR SCORES AND AGREE WITH THE JUDGE BEFORE THEY SIGN THE SCORE SHEET. ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS ALOT OF DRIVERS IN THE COMP.
(SOME COMPS ARE,"IF YOU SIGNED IT, THATS YOUR SCORE" )
ROCKCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Rob: Back when we first started comps here at the shop, I ran the scoring sheets per gate. But, the scoring sheets stayed with us. At the end of the day, I would go over every sheet and double check all the math and catch the errors. In the long run, this proved to be not as efficient as I would have liked.

So, we switched to the current setup, which has boxes for penalties and progress points listed (but not done per gate). The scorekeeper uses this sheet, does the math, and then writes the score on a master sheet, the driver signs off on it and that's that. I take the master sheets and figure out the overall results. This is the standard method most clubs use these days.

One thing I do tell the scorekeepers, is to write down a # instead of just a hash mark. If he is looking at 5's and 10's, it's easier to add up than looking at a bunch of lines and then figuring how much they are worth ...

Personally, I think the drivers should have to the end of the comp to get a score fixed. But, we've fixed scores after the fact, when it's totally obvious it was a scorekeeper error ....

Jake
Attached Images

JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

WE use scoresheets with bubbles that you just cross out as the points get accumulated....little chance for mistakes, you know immediately when someone points out and its very easy to tell them how many they have or have left.
jfraymond is offline   Reply With Quote