Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Rules

Notices

Thread: How is Running Order Estabilished?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default How is Running Order Estabilished?

I was wondering something after our comp last weekend, and am hoping someone can help clarify for me.

Running order.

Currently, we do a lottery style draw to estabilish the running order for the 1st course.

Here is where the confusion comes in to play...

Some clubs stick with the estabilished lottery style running order for the 1st, 2nd, and possibly the 3rd course.

Some other clubs will use the scores estabilished on the 1st course to make a running order for the 2nd course, and then use the overall score for courses 1 and 2 to estabilish the running order on the 3rd course.

My question, which way is the "correct", or per the rules way that it is done at sanctioned events.

My thought was you would use the lottery draw for the 1st course, then use the points from the 1st course to estabilish the running order for the 2nd course, with the driver in first place going first, second place going second and so on. Then for the 3rd course, you combine the scores from the 1st and 2nd courses, to re-estabilish the running order.

My rational behind this was that if you are down the in the running order, you get a chance to see other guys run and maybe get a chance to improve your position. This would be a bit of a disadvantage to the guys in the 1st and 2nd position, but it would increase the competition of the entire field of drivers.

Which brings another question, if you choose to run a top 5 finals course, the convention seems to be the top 5 get to run and the running order is 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st. Once again I have seen it done the opposite way as well, where 1st place goes 1st, etc....

I believe the Finals course should be done with a second lottery drawing for the top 5, with the #6 in points driver (From courses 1, 2, & 3) also in the drawing, in the event of a DNS, DNF, or DQ by one of the top 5 drivers.

So, once again, is this the correct method, or am I just thinking about this way too hard.

I believe the goal of any club should be to increase the level of competition for all drivers and provide a way for everyone in the club to enjoy themselves.

Thanks you. Opinions, facts, rants, & chatter welcome...
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: How is Running Order Estabilished?

Sounds complicated. We just tell folks to get in line...

At big events, it's a free-for-all as well....until the finals. And that is usually drawn from a hat or similar method.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

You can use any way you want there is no rule per say. Around here its open running order. you just pick a courses and run. who ever wants to go frist can or last it don't matter as long as all courses have drivers on them
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Right now, since we are indoors and it is a semi-small rock pile, having two courses going at once isn't out of the question, but it is a challenge. Some times we don't have enough judges to keep the courses working like that.
Now that I think about it, I have been to comps that it was line up by getting in line, no running order.
But a running order was still estabilished before the last courses.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Anyone, Bueller, Bueller, hearing the crickets chirp again..
Old 02-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
Anyone, Bueller, Bueller, hearing the crickets chirp again..
I thought your question was how do the rules impose running order?

And the answer given was "they don't".
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
MODERHATER™

Do you only run one course at a time?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Hardline, I just figured this would be a very easy question to answer and a bunch of guys would say, oh we do this.
ALSO, please read the question again. I haven't been to a sanctioned event yet, meaning, what is the procedure at a place like nationals or a state comp.
I sure hope it isn't run what you brung and have at it boys, get in line. I realize there is a big difference between a local comp and nationals, but the local comps should prepare you for nationals.

666, it depends on how many people are at the comp and how many judges we have. If enough, we run two courses at once, but then again, your running order would be a lottery for the 1st course you run, be is course-a or course-b..
Then on your second course, you run according to estabilished points.

Guys, this wasn't to stir up a hornets nest, or to try and be difficult. I just realized I have seen it done different ways, and wondered how it was done at larger events.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Here is a good way.
Urban Dictionary: Sac War
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Here is a good way.
Urban Dictionary: Sac War

,,Geeez man ,,I think I peed a bit . Funny shit .

Around here ,No one usually wants to go first .
I bought a bunch of poker chips , put the names on them and we draw names everytime .
If anyone wants to go first or in the top few spots , Because they have to leave early or whatever ,thats fine .
Crawler Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

We have this thing that the person that built the Course has to go first. Usually get in line and run seams to work the best
jmontes_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Going first is best, you don't have the chance to watch other people fail, which will psych out most people.
I've seen people cry because they were told they had to go first!
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Going first is best, you don't have the chance to watch other people fail, which will psych out most people.
I've seen people cry because they were told they had to go first!
Ya know....I actually agree. I truly believe that this is why kids do well at these competitions....because they dont know that they cant fail.

Oh, and if there's a hint of rain, I'll offer to go first everytime. There's nothing worse than muddy rocks!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #14
Scale Detail Engineering

A few times we've had the winner from the previous comp go first for the first course... then basically, whoever is ready to run.
But, once the first course is run we usually stick to that order for the 2nd course.
Most of the time for us, it's just whoever is ready.

I prefer to go like 3rd, not first.

The biggist advantage the first driver has, IMHO, is a fresh course.
By the time a few trucks run, the course has deep ruts, loose dirt and wet or muddy rocks and logs.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #15
RCC Addict

At big national events its jump in line. If a course goes dead for to long, they'll close it. You have until a certain time to be in line, or the course closes and you miss your chance.

top 10 get lottery style, or reverse order usually.

Locally its just hop in line. If people stop running, we shut course and you get a 50. Once it happens to a person once, they won't let it happen again.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote

How is Running Order Estabilished? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Running order for finals question twistedone WRCCA Rules 4 07-03-2009 05:31 PM
2.2 Course line up, Running order jason RC Rock Crawling Worlds 33 08-08-2007 12:10 AM