Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: X Crawler motor Ideas etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default X Crawler motor Ideas etc.

brushed or brushless ????

I have read a few post saying watch out using brushless I have one novak brushless goat set up and was going to buy another for the rear or I can go with novak brushed set for up for two sets for about the same price Is one better then the other?????

Also I have been reading about broken parts in the axel after only a few hours of use this there a solid fix for this yet? Is xtm sending replacements for this problem??

I just got mine today have to wait on a motor choice so I thought I would ask you guys for your thoughts I would really like to make it as tough as I can before running it. Your ideas and thoughts would be a great help thanks

Also i was thinking about moving to a lipo set up what kind of lipo would you use for your motor choice IE> brushless or brushed thanks

Last edited by crawlman; 12-29-2008 at 05:03 PM.
crawlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

does nobody like to help im still new to this and i dont want to drop 200.00 to 400.00 bucks to complete my crawler and not have the right parts to have a good crawler please help thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Don't think anyone is ignoring you. Not too many have them and it may take awhile. The one guy I know that had one sold out. He broke the axle right away, but the reason for selling I think was the to many sticks and buttons to operate. Just too busy for him to enjoy.
nomobux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomobux View Post
Don't think anyone is ignoring you. Not too many have them and it may take awhile. The one guy I know that had one sold out. He broke the axle right away, but the reason for selling I think was the to many sticks and buttons to operate. Just too busy for him to enjoy.

ok cool im just ready to run this thing its just sitting ready for a motors and i cant wait to use it and get it on the rocks
Old 12-30-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I personally like brushed motors. Several people prefer them to brushless because they are smoother from start up to full throttle. I run Holmes Hobbies Colbalt pullers. They are worth every penny. I also run FX-R ESC's, one of the best ever. You can get a ESC Motor combo from Stormer Hobbies for a bill and then the additional motor's are priced very reasonably.
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:31 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

The problem with the goat system is that you can only run 2s lipo. Thats great for 2.2 but for super I view 3s as almost a requirement. You may be able to work your gearing to have it work out for you, but 3s is the way to go imho.

Brushed and brushless both work well. Both have advantages and disadvantages and they have been debated to death.

Tekin FX-R's for the win
Dynamic^Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Got the novak Rooster crawler brushed system two of them went with the hitec tg servos the big boy now what batt. should I use for good run time
Old 01-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlman View Post
Got the novak Rooster crawler brushed system two of them went with the hitec tg servos the big boy now what batt. should I use for good run time
I take it. you like your x-Crawler.... I'm still not sure about it. Have you had any issues with the axles..? I keep reading different threads that keep bringin it up...
m&mkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlman View Post
what kind of run time u talking about? which motor did you decide on
are u a full throttle driver?
so far it looks like you are gonna end up with the same set up as myself
i am running ..for run time..2 7cell 3600 scr stick packs
...................for comp......2 7cell 2400 AA homemade packs
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
what kind of run time u talking about? which motor did you decide on
are u a full throttle driver?
so far it looks like you are gonna end up with the same set up as myself
i am running ..for run time..2 7cell 3600 scr stick packs
...................for comp......2 7cell 2400 AA homemade packs
I got the rooster set up with the 55t motor

well Its done 1st rock and the axel shaft broke at the pin B.S

Gadge did you get replacements from global??? if so how are they ? or did you make your own fix?
Old 01-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

im going to be running 2 quark 33 esc's with 2 Holmes Hobbies crawlmaster sport's 1000kv. I will let u know my info and runtimes as soon as i get them .,... should be in the next day or so... but my guess is i will be snapping an axle before my batteries retire.. lol
prozak is offline   Reply With Quote