Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: XTM X-Crawler With proline or axial wheelss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default XTM X-Crawler With proline or axial wheelss

I am trying to put a Set of 40 series wheel s on my X-crawler and I am having issues. I have tried the Proline Cheyenne wheels with a set of Moab xl tires and they will not fit and the only thing I can figure to make them work is a set of wheel extensions but could not find any that would make them work. After all that I found out Axial had a set of 40 series wheels made for the Moab xl tires so I figured I would give them a shot and ran into the same issue. The way I figure I need either 17mm wheel extension about 1 1/4 inch long or a 23mm extension about the same length and the longest I have found are 1 inch. Anybody done this or tried this what will work any suggestions. Thanks ahead of time for any help.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

When you say they do not fit, what part is not fitting? Is the tire rubbing on the lower links when turning, axle won't go through the wheel or ? My X came with the 17mm hexes so the Axial Oversize (40 Series) wheels should bolt right on.

Pictures would be helpful.
John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John82601 View Post
When you say they do not fit, what part is not fitting? Is the tire rubbing on the lower links when turning, axle won't go through the wheel or ? My X came with the 17mm hexes so the Axial Oversize (40 Series) wheels should bolt right on.

Pictures would be helpful.
Mine came with 14mm hexes and at first I tried just converting them to 17 mm hexes which worked fine till I went ot put the wheel and tire on it I could not even get it on far enough to bolt it on. The wheel hits the steering link on the knuckle and hits the motor without even turning it. I double checked to make sure that they are the narrow beadlocks and they are. With the 1 inch extensions on it I can actually get the wheel on it but it hits the steering arm on the knuckle and won't allow it to spin plus the wheels will barely turn before hitting the motor.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Ok I think I found what I need to make the wheels work. I will post it on here when I get them and try them out but I found a guy that makes custom wheel extensions. It is kind of a pain to get in touch with him but he says he can make them no problem. www.wheelextensions.com
Old 06-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

found the tire problem a while back
I used these ..(the shorter ones X's 2 sets

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...44&p_catid=109

yea I know its ...... but it worked..bolted right on

the short ones are labeled rear
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
found the tire problem a while back
I used these ..(the shorter ones X's 2 sets

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...44&p_catid=109

yea I know its ...... but it worked..bolted right on

the short ones are labeled rear
I like the looks of those but how do they stay on? It looks like the little rods hold them on somehow but also looks like they would work loose really easy. What length are they? It didn't say on the site not that I could find anyway.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

If I remember correctly the short ones are 1 3/16" to the mounting hex

the shaft is an internaly threaded sleeve with an allen hex in the end to tighten it
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote