Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: XF Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2005, 11:32 AM   #1

Default XF Question

I was reading about 3 channel radios, independant 4ws, and switch controlled reverse in the xf forums and do not quite understand how the electronic part of it works. Could someone please explain it in further detail?
ratbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: XF Question

for every individual function you want to add you will need another channel.

if you want independent rear steering and switch controlled reverse you will need a 4 channel radio (1 for steering, 1 for throttle/brakes, 1 for rear steer, 1 for reverse)
Vitamin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:28 PM   #3

Default Re: XF Question

You can however split the steering signal with a Y connector. However depending on the servo position you might need something like this:

http://www.radrc.com/shoprad/product...products_id=33

Only other issue you might have with a y connector is the 4WS is always on where some crawlers perfer to control it on and off and direction too.
Cildein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #4

Thanks for the help, I think I understand the 4ws. As for the reverse, normaly you would hold the trigger forward for a while, and the transmission servo would switch directions and shift into reverse. Whith an extra channel you chould flip the switch, which would automatically reverse the servo shifting you into reverse. Is this correct?
ratbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbastard
Thanks for the help, I think I understand the 4ws. As for the reverse, normaly you would hold the trigger forward for a while, and the transmission servo would switch directions and shift into reverse. Whith an extra channel you chould flip the switch, which would automatically reverse the servo shifting you into reverse. Is this correct?
Your thinking of the "r box" ..that came on the X Factor1. The X Factor 2 does not come with the r box, or reverse gears, its now an option. However, if you are getting the X-1, all you do for reverse is stop the truck, hold the brake on and the truck should go into reverse.(many people have had problems with the r-box, thats why its an option now). You can upgrade your radio (3 channel) and use the 3rd channel for reverse.
NITRO-DRAKEN is offline   Reply With Quote