Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: New E. X Factor Crawler Intro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2005, 09:12 PM   #1

Wink New E. X Factor Crawler Intro

Hello to all, i just want to introduce my first crawler i build.

All started with a new X Factor, took the Nitro stuff out and installed a e maxx transmission { 2 Speed still hooked up } with the titan 550's and ESC.
I extended the links and the wheelbase is now about 17 inches with about 5 inches of GC in the center, used Revo slider axles for the driveshafts.
I am running 4 Revo steering servos {2 front 2 rear} for max steering power with extra receiver 6V battery pack.
I just installed 2 GD 600 in it and it feels now like it is unstopable, power and more power at a very nice low speed, still if i need more wheelspin all i have to do is shift in second gear and i have all the wheelspinn i could need.
Speeking of wheels, I changed the axle stubs to savage so i can use any kind of 14mm hex nut wheels.
The Rubicon Jeep Body fit like it was made for it and it makes it look real and that is one big part of what i like, realistic is importand to me even so i might loose a bit of crawling capiblity, anyway it is crawling great and i am very happy with it, just a few more little bugs to work out and its done.

Here is a link to the first pics we took of it http://www.flagstaffoffroad.com/RC-Crawlers.html please allow a little time to load all pics they are a bit big, but hosted on my site so no problem here.

I will re work them and take some better ones this coming weekend and also post them and my site.

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to post them.
4x4transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
RCC Addict

looks nice, but i think you should lower it some and mount the shocks to the links to get more travel.
rocpede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 04:24 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

nice looking xfactor

and welcome to RCC
XFACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #4

Default About the travel

Thank you for tip on lowering it, i did, i run the 8 shock set up and softend up the spring pre load and that did drop it a bit, i like this set up, tried with different 4 shock positions but did not like it and went back the 8 shock set up, works the best for me.
Tomorrow we all gonne go and crawl around some more , should get some more good pics and maybe some Video too, check back for more on this.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:32 AM   #5

Default More Pictures & Videos

Here we go more pictures and some short videos as promised

http://www.flagstaffoffroad.com/RC-Crawlers.html

Let me know what you think.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:17 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Let us know when you find some real rocks :-P
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:46 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Dave has shaft envy its ok dave, some day you will get a real crawler too :-P
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Dave
Let us know when you find some real rocks :-P
paranoid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:44 PM   #8

looks great
tz-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:53 PM   #9

Default Update on changes i done

After all trying the e maxx trans and motors, i decided to get rid of it because of the high COG and the weight factor.
I installed now a pede transmission with a lathe motor and t maxx driveline connectors added to make the reco drivelines work, i did not even had to change the lenght of the drivelines.
I soon will post some pics of it with the changes done on my website {see link above}
My next changes will be going from a 4 servo set up to 2 1/4 scale servos to get major steering and to lower the truck some more.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:34 PM   #10

Default 1/4 servo installed

finally got my first 805bb 1/4 servo installed, what a difference, lots of power, wont ever go back to a regular servo, no i am getting the second one after testing the fron first for the rear and thats it for me, i dont think i can make this e factor any better after that, it works GREAT, best "shafty" i have seen yet.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:40 PM   #11

4x4transam,

Any chance you can post some detailed pictures of your twin servo set-up? I have an X and I hate it's stock set-up. Your solution looks really elegant.

cheers

Chris
sam__kent is offline   Reply With Quote