Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: X-Factor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2004, 05:20 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default X-Factor

How would you convert a X-Factor to a electric vehicle? How much would it cost in US dollars? Is it large amount of money needed to build one and how would it perform on the rocks?

Thanks,
jugg_crawler
jugg_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2004, 09:03 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: X-Factor

Digler would know the most about this since he has done it. From what I hear from him it performs awesome. The x-factor axles are great axles, and let the truck be geared down much lowered then with txt-1 or clod axles. It wouldnt be ridiculously expensive. Sometimes there will be people selling x-factor axles or parts trucks on e-bay that you could pick up cheap. There was a guy at one time selling the axles at 44 bucks for one. Then all you would need would be a tranny of some sort. Either the txt-1 tranny or the e-maxx tranny. The e-maxx tranny can be bought easily either off ebay for around 50-60 bucks or off Rc4wd.com for about 70 i think. Then you would still need to build your own chassis, links and get some shocks. I'm going to say you could probably get all the parts for about 300 bucks at the cheapest, not including electronics. You could also do what digler did and use a txt-1 chassis so that you dont have to build your own, but then that would be a little more expensive. Hope this helps.
RcRock-Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:42 PM   #3

you will spend way more than worth while..... trade or sell that x-factor then buy a txt or clod............. btw i am looking for x-factor and am trading ntc3 race ready with super good upgrades and everything.... super fast, reliable, and durable with spare parts to fix any shock problem/radio probelm/reciever problem.... all the common stuff.... i will trade this ntc3 for your x-factor provided there is some upgrades...... if not many just ass 100 bucks american or so and you got a deal then you should start over and build a clod or txt or something because converting that is a waste of a good x-factor and money......
mattie_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:43 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

hey..it wouldnt cost u too much if u sold your engine and fuel tank and stuff that is gonna go off it!

ryan
XFACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:13 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the info guys! I might just do that. I want ot buy a Bruiser first though so it won't be for a little while. When I get it going I will post so info.

jugg_crawler
Old 01-29-2004, 09:19 AM   #6

Part out all the stuff that you won't need. I've sold almost everything nitro off my X that I wasn't going to use for the Maxx-Factor conversion. As far as it costing too much $$, thats horse pucky. Buying a clod and converting it to a decent 4link would cost more $$. Plus the real bonus of the X is the wide axles with low gearing. I ran some rough numbers and I think I came up with a crawl ration of ~80:1. At any rate the most difficult part of converting the X is fabricating the tranny mounts (pretty easydepending on the tranny used) and drilling the pinion gears (take to machine shop). The rest is cake for anyone who can change a tire on the side of the road. Any questions just post or PM.

Kris
IBCRUSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 09:48 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

hua over at rc4wd made a bracket that holds the electric motor right where the nitro motor was

i don't think they are for sale, but you could fab up your own out of some right angle steel

then it's just a matter of finding space for the battery and esc

then it's all gravy from there!

good luck

bdr

ps: you'll spend waaay more on just the bruiser.. never mind the upgrades lol... i know, i just got one
bigdogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:11 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

It does work nicely! The X Axles are great. Very tough and very WIDE!! You can take on obsticals and not worry about pitching the rig onto its side. You can build with more weight and not worry as much about keeping your CG extremely low. I love hitting off camber obsticals and bouncing through, leaving the narrower rigs behind me on their lids. The downside to the X axles is that the diff gets hung up do to the track width. To remedy this, I used the most possitive offset wheel I could find. A good combination is a Savage wheel with IMEX Jumbo Swamp Dogs. When combined with 9 tooth pinions and the X ring and pinion, I have a ratio that I've calculated at being about 160:1. You can get it much lower with the use of an Emaxx tranny but I don't need any lower than that! Good luck!
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:39 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the info. It is much help. If you could just give me like a list of what I need and how much it is all going to cost it would be much appreciated. Some pics would be nice too.

Thanks,
jugg_crawler