Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: Blue Bomber '06 P71

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Blue Bomber '06 P71

Looking for something cheap to cruise to work in and pick up the kids with. Mustang was out (no room) and everything I found on CL in my price range had spray painted parts, a billion miles, or lots of dubious mods.

So after a bit of digging and research, sourced down one of these bad boys. Welcome to Panther land!

'06 Police Interceptor, 100k, former detective unit. Got it at a song, the market is flooded with these, and they go for cheap. Since it's a detective car, it has a little more niceties than a patrol unit, and it's not beat - this one is in great shape, has '06 Mustang fanblades, full cloth interior, power everything with a vinyl floor - great for kids - and has an aftermarket center console.

Car overall is in great shape, a small spot of rust on the front fender, but no other nasty spots that I can see, and looks like no repairs were ever done. Paint's a little worse for the wear, but polishes up pretty nice. Drives nice and tight - surprising for a Ford with high mileage. The P71 package really changes the car - I drove a "civilian" model and it floated, bobbed, and steered like a boat. This is very planted, stable, and drives much, much better. Quicker steering and 3.27 rear liven it up quite a bit.

Only thing I've done so far is remove the spotlight, flush all the fluids and weld in a pair of 40 series flowmasters. Not planning on much else, maybe tint the windows a bit, fix the rust spot, patch up the small holes in the dash (they are not bad though, just annoy me) and buy stock in OPEC. 18.3 mpg so far.

My first slushbox....not a fan, but I can deal with it. And it is nice when commuting to work. Good to have a V8 in the driveway again.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Blue Bomber '06 P71 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ultra 4 bomber tuner 2.2 Scale Rigs 104 11-03-2014 11:21 PM
Backwoods Bomber Duuuuuuuude 1.9 Scale Rigs 153 06-11-2012 08:41 AM
1973 Hilux Bomber fishfever 1.9 Scale Rigs 59 12-29-2009 05:42 PM
Shoe bomber sentenced BrandO Chit Chat 5 08-31-2006 06:20 AM